Flat Glock Trigger?

Looking to replace the trigger on my Glock 34 and Zev offers a curved or flat option. I have never tried s flat trigger on a Glock. Anyone have any experience with one? Good or bad?

It will be on a range gun if that makes any difference.

Tried the apex flat and curved on a P320. I don’t see the appeal of flat trigger. It was fine I could get used to it. The differences seemed subtle but if the option I guess I’m old school and prefer curved. Maybe it’s because my finger is curved too.

Tried the apex flat and curved on a P320. I don’t see the appeal of flat trigger. It was fine I could get used to it. The differences seemed subtle but if the option I guess I’m old school and prefer curved. Maybe it’s because my finger is curved too.
Yeah....imo the flat trigger options are just that....options....so when installed others at the range see it ......and then they know you spent some money customizing ......so they'll automatically know your a good shooter.......you know.....cuz you spent some money on your gun and shit.

I like the theory of having a more lined up load surface to the fulcrum of the trigger, but in reality, I hate how flat triggers feel against a finger. I think I'd be more inclined to get used to it for a competition gun, but considering I'm no great shot to begin with, I think I'll just pass for now.

I have both an Overwatch Tac and an Agency flat triggers on 2 of my Glocks. I like the flat area as I get a consistant area to line the pad of my finger on. My Agency came polished with a polished "-" connector, and the Overwatch is all NP3 coated with a coated "-" connector. Both are made with factory Glock trigger bars and connectors. Neither compromise the factory safeties. One is a competition gun (G35) and the other is a carry gun (G23).

I have three curved Zevs and three flat Apexs. I don't really have a strong preference eitherway, but apex has become my default Glock trigger. Incidentally I don't think that gen 5's really need a new trigger unless you are into the athletics/ergos. It's pretty decent, especially if you trim the trigger dangus flush with the shoe.

I also have a couple of curved Zevs and a couple flat Apex. Don't think the Apex flat reduces the trigger pull weight but the trigger pull does feel more consistent to me. Go with the flat on a race run. Looks cooler and that's what's important.

Incidentally I don't think that gen 5's really need a new trigger unless you are into the athletics/ergos.
wouldn't ergonomics be the reason to have this mod? as I said, I wanted to try one to see if there was any advantage to the traditional shaped curved trigger. I seem to remember reading in one of the gun mags that one positive with a straight trigger is you got the same feel on the trigger pull/press no matter where your finger positioned itself inside the trigger guard. in other words I took it to mean one less thing to worry about particularly under stress. I've always assumed in a stressful situation, all fundamentals were basically forgotten anyway. never been in that situation thankfully to test that theory.

wouldn't ergonomics be the reason to have this mod? as I said, I wanted to try one to see if there was any advantage to the traditional shaped curved trigger. I seem to remember reading in one of the gun mags that one positive with a straight trigger is you got the same feel on the trigger pull/press no matter where your finger positioned itself inside the trigger guard. in other words I took it to mean one less thing to worry about particularly under stress. I've always assumed in a stressful situation, all fundamentals were basically forgotten anyway. never been in that situation thankfully to test that theory.
Yeah I buy that, but the only time I've been intensely aware of a trigger curve is with many CZ factory triggers that that have shoes shaped like sickles. That's intensified by a LOOONG double action. For me having a wide flat profile across width the trigger feels better and is more comfortable when the round count starts ticking up past 200-300 rounds. I do think flat does help if you are really trying to push speed.
On Sunday night, I took a gen4 gucci'd G19 and a gen 5 stock G19 to the range compare. I found little different in accuracy buy my splits were a little faster and more consistent with the apexed gen4. I found myself jerking the stock gen5 just to the right as my finger felt like it was sliding on the rounded trigger face and had to slow down to press more evenly.

IMG_8926.JPG

Last edited:
Is there any advantage/ disadvantage to these? Is it just aesthetic? I have never seen these before. Any flat triggers I have seen have always been target/ race gun types.

Does this allow for different finger positioning? It seems to me the stock/ curved makes for more consistent finger position.

Back
Top Bottom