• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Flashlight, Laser or both?

I like most on this board keep a loaded gun in a bedside safe. My gun of choice has night sights but that's it. So my question for discussion is what do the rest of you use? Mounted laser or light? Both? and why. I have never been a fan of lasers as I am pretty old school and really never gave them much thought. A mounted flashlight seems like a good idea but it kind of telegraphs ones position. So what do you use and why?

Flashlight.
You can't hit something you can't see. Sure night sights are great and have their uses but they aren't going to illuminate your target for you.

I like most on this board keep a loaded gun in a bedside safe. My gun of choice has night sights but that's it. So my question for discussion is what do the rest of you use? Mounted laser or light? Both? and why. I have never been a fan of lasers as I am pretty old school and really never gave them much thought. A mounted flashlight seems like a good idea but it kind of telegraphs ones position. So what do you use and why?

I have a TLR-1 on a G17 with a Surefire G2X next to it. I don't do lasers, but I am not opposed to the idea. I have never really used one, short of running 'snack's IR rig with NV at night, which was a hoot.

I have a TLR-2 (Light and laser combo). Only reason I'd use the laser is if I was behind cover and didn't want to stick my head out to aim down the irons. If I'm under fire, I'd rather present the smallest target possible if I can help it.

I have neither, but my light is next to the bedside safe when I go to sleep, I'd rather be able to illuminate an area after lowering my weapon in the event that who or what I find is not a threat.

Back
Top Bottom