• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Flaming buckshot

I'm thinking there was an accelerant on that shirt. I don't buy it just went up with some mag-sparks.
It did go pretty damn fast. I'm not sure you could get it burning that quickly with a propane torch.

Did remind me of an old story. Back in grad school, my thesis advisor was well known in the gas field. We were working on a natural gas liquifier using compressed air as a test media, and he warned us about getting an oxygen rich mixture through preferential liquifaction of O2 vs N2 (which has a notably lower boiling point). During some earlier work, they were looking at flammability enhancement effects with liquid oxygen boiling. On their test dummy with "normal" clothes, there was a massive increase in flammability just as the last of the liquid evaporated. His comment was along the lines of "one spark at the right time, and everything on the dummy was on fire".

Last edited:
I'm sure the traditionalist members at my range will be fine with this.

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/kL3JF1SBPp4

Would be interesting to see how 12 gauge performs.

Stick with standard rounds. 12 gauge buckshot, in sizes OOO, OO, #1 and #4 are well proven in combat, along with 1 oz. slugs. Rhodesia jungle loads, which combine buckshot with a slug, are also effective at the short ranges where a shotgun would normally be deployed.

Back
Top Bottom