Flame Thrower for your evil black rifle

appraiser

NES Member

View: https://youtu.be/YzGdtafiJE4

Bad idea, it will melt your airsoft parts.

It's all about empowering women if some idiot politician tries to ban them:
iu

You win.

THAT looks like a lot of fun!
Early last year I thought to myself "I want to build my own flamethrower".
I wanted a WWII "look" with exposed flame that I can turn on and off.
So I started to look closely at those electric ones you can buy.
I had the whole thing built in my head along with troubleshooting the problems, right after I found suitable tanks.
I didn't want a pressure type. I didn't want to mess with high pressures and all the correct fittings and pipes etc. if anything goes wrong it could go VERY badly.
Expired Firefighter air tanks, 380LPH fuel pump, Milwaukee 18V battery, overly expensive gooseneck propane torch, black braded fuel line, extended propane feed line, one-way inline spring return rubber seal check valve, and an, a screen made wrap material that stays curled covering the fuel lines and wire, adaptor for the battery to dock into. Everything else I had laying around. Its all used plumbing materials.

Some day I'll do a vid of what I did to build it. I took a bunch of pics but not all steps.

I have a vid here of me playing with it before it was complete..
I'm using Coleman fuel. I once did gasoline..... Never again, the smell and the smoke was awful.
What is Coleman white gas exactly? I always thought it was over-refined very clean gasoline, it is clean kerosene? Anyway, NO smoke, burns clean and the tanks don't smell like anything once its empty and left to evaporate .

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu5ofYMfZ4E&ab_channel=remotecamper

Its no competition to a pressurized gas type, but right up there with the little $600-800 ones that only hold 1 gallon or less. Mine holds "almost" 3 gallons. and I really wanted a flame on the end..

RC

What is Coleman white gas exactly?
from Naphtha - Wikipedia

Light naphtha is used as a fuel in some commercial applications. One notable example is wick-based cigarette lighters, such as the Zippo, which draw “lighter fluid”—naphtha—into a wick from a reservoir to be ignited using the flint and wheel.

It is also a fuel for camping stoves and oil lanterns, known as “white gas”, where naphtha’s low boiling point makes it easy to ignite. Naphtha is sometimes preferred over kerosene as it clogs fuel lines less. The outdoor equipment manufacturer MSR published a questionable list of trade names and translations to help outdoor enthusiasts obtain the correct products in various countries.[21]

TL;DR: it's closer to gasoline than kerosine, but not really the same as either.

Back
Top Bottom