• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FL Non Res Permit

Assuming you have your Mass resident LTC, getiing a Florida non-resident CCW is not difficult. Follow the link, ask for an application package. They will send you everything you need, including a fingerprint card. My local police dept. took my prints at no charge to me. Your mileage may vary !
Allow about 3 months from the time you submit the application to Florida.

xtav good question...if i have a house in florida can i register for resident permit?

IIRC you can only have a resident permit in the state you primarily reside in. JDubois will have the most complete answer, but I think ATf considers you a resident in another place you have a residence on when you are there, which would negate your MA LTC status. You just want cooler guns, don't we all? :)

One thing to remember about FL is there is a huge backlog of about 93,000 Resident CCW applications. Throw in the renewals and the Non-Res CCW's w/ some of their renewals your looking at least 3 month wait.

On the bright side, Sec. Charles Bronson (yes, that is his real name) hired about 65 temp workers to help process the CCW applicaitons.

Florida CCW Request Forms

already have them!

just want the ability to carry in more states...i think a florida res permit gives you the ability to carry in 6 more states than a non res

if you cant be a resident in two places at the same time, then your LTC-A would be negated when you got a resident FL permit, IMHO. jdubois, where are you!?

Back
Top Bottom