• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FL Lawmakers reject AWB and approve teachers to carry

Good to see, but a mixed bag maybe?

They did, however, agree to raise the legal age for purchasing a firearm to 21 — and approved legislation that would give teachers the right to carry guns in school, NBC-2 reports.

Senators also agreed to confiscate guns from people with mental health issues

I am guessing that we will see many states look to raise the age of purchasing all firearms to 21 in the months to come...and Mass will be at the top of that list I am sure

“It bothers me to think as a father of two young boys to tell them to not be aggressive to your teacher,” said Sen. Oscar Branynon (D-Miami Gardens). The lawmaker told the Sun Sentinel that he and other black fathers across Florida will now have to include teachers when talking to their children about how to act around armed authority figures. Please don’t make it dangerous for children who look like my children to go to school,” he said.

...and of course, arming teachers is racist

Good to see, but a mixed bag maybe?

I am guessing that we will see many states look to raise the age of purchasing all firearms to 21 in the months to come...and Mass will be at the top of that list I am sure

...and of course, arming teachers is racist
In Mass, you must be 21 to buy an AR15 or "high capacity" rifle.

A Class A High Capacity License to Carry can only be obtained by a person who is 21.

An 18 year old can buy a low capacity shotgun or rifle.

At least in Mass, a young single mom can have SOMETHING to protect herself and baby in her home.

You have to be 21 to get an LTC, which is the only license which allows you to buy a high capacity rifle or shotgun (anything that takes a detachable magazine, basically.)

So, we already have this by default.

“It bothers me to think as a father of two young boys to tell them to not be aggressive to your teacher,” said Sen. Oscar Branynon (D-Miami Gardens).“

This is something you just considered telling your children NOW? Don’t be aggressive to your teacher? What the actual f**k is wrong with society???

Listened to the audio of the AWB not being approved and the kids went nuts yelling "Shame" at the congress people. Glad the state didn't fold to the pressure.

As to teachers, time to let them start smacking unruly kids again. If parents have a problem with that, let them home school their brats until they smack them and then send them back to public schools. My niece wants to get into teaching and I have to hold back from asking her why the hell she would want to get into that profession.

Listened to the audio of the AWB not being approved and the kids went nuts yelling "Shame" at the congress people. Glad the state didn't fold to the pressure.

As to teachers, time to let them start smacking unruly kids again. If parents have a problem with that, let them home school their brats until they smack them and then send them back to public schools. My niece wants to get into teaching and I have to hold back from asking her why the hell she would want to get into that profession.

Honestly, I blame a lot on not being able to paddle your kids anymore without DCS showing up on your doorstep. As a kid, I only ever smart mouthed my mother one time in public and she smacked the shit out of me. I learned my lesson and never did it again. You can't make me believe it doesn't work.

Honestly, I blame a lot on not being able to paddle your kids anymore without DCS showing up on your doorstep. As a kid, I only ever smart mouthed my mother one time in public and she smacked the shit out of me. I learned my lesson and never did it again. You can't make me believe it doesn't work.

Fully agree. My sister and I acted up once and got the "Stick". Hurt like hell and we learned our lesson pretty quick. Just the motion of my dead heading for the stick and we straightened right up and we turned out just fine. Time to get back to that type of discipline.

You all need to take a "time out" and go to your "quiet corner".
Man, it gnawed at me when I heard those terms when my grandchildren were misbehaving. If we misbehaved my dad used to snap his belt when he took it off, and that is all you needed to hear. The equivalent of a pump shotgun cycling to a burglar. You got the heck out of there.

Fully agree. My sister and I acted up once and got the "Stick". Hurt like hell and we learned our lesson pretty quick. Just the motion of my dead heading for the stick and we straightened right up and we turned out just fine. Time to get back to that type of discipline.

I think what we need are more little old Italian grandmothers running around with wooden spoons. Or Catholic nuns armed with rulers. Either of those are scarier to me than a bunch of guys open carrying ARs.

Steve Scalice house majority whip say on nbc this morning , nothing is going to happen about banning ar 15 laws in the house.

“It bothers me to think as a father of two young boys to tell them to not be aggressive to your teacher,” said Sen. Oscar Branynon (D-Miami Gardens).“

This is something you just considered telling your children NOW? Don’t be aggressive to your teacher? What the actual f**k is wrong with society???
Exactly! Maybe teach your kids to be decent human beings and you don't have to worry about who might be armed and able to defend themselves

so the gun free zones are still gun free except now if a teacher wants to carry in FL they can. It's a step in the right direction. But still a long way to go.

I think what we need are more little old Italian grandmothers running around with wooden spoons. Or Catholic nuns armed with rulers. Either of those are scarier to me than a bunch of guys open carrying ARs.

My mother busted more than a couple of those spoons on my noggin.

Back
Top Bottom