• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FL - Jogger Shoots, Kills Assailant

It was after 1 a.m., but the streets around Pinehurst Drive and Hickory Circle were far from deserted.

Carlos Musteleil, 18, and a friend were hanging out near the intersection.

Nearby, and approaching quickly, was a 28-year-old neighborhood resident, Thomas G. Baker, out for a late-night jog.

Though alone, he had protection - a .45 caliber semi-automatic handgun.

A few minutes later, he used it.....

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/no...-shot-during-town-n-country-al/news-breaking/

But, but, but..."he was an angel"...

Your right.... something does not sound right. However it never fails, "he was such a good kid though... he did not deserve it.... blah, blah, blah....."

whatever.... you get what you pay for.

Rob

Something sounds funny here.
If it's the late night jog, don't bother... I have often gone out in the middle of the night for exercise - 'cause that's the time of day I had to do it...

Now the missing weapons is a perennial problem of being outnumbered... It's a he-said, he's dead situation on why the guy thought they were armed. It could very well be attempts by the kids to make him think they were...

That said, "I saw a glint" doesn't work as well for civilians - I suspect it will be investigated...

If it's the late night jog, don't bother... I have often gone out in the middle of the night for exercise - 'cause that's the time of day I had to do it...

Not that at all. It's the whole "thought I seen a gun" thing not to mention there isn't much more to the story. I'm waiting to hear more before I make a decision.

My first question is what prompted a jogger to stop and start conversing with two strangers, and then start arguing?? Something sounds a little fishy here.

Now the missing weapons is a perennial problem of being outnumbered... It's a he-said, he's dead situation on why the guy thought they were armed. It could very well be attempts by the kids to make him think they were...

That said, "I saw a glint" doesn't work as well for civilians - I suspect it will be investigated...

Remember, it is FL and the guy has no duty to retreat and given it is a bit more 'liberal' down here, even hinting that you have a weapon to cause bodily harm can be grounds for use of deadly force.

Remember, it is FL and the guy has no duty to retreat and given it is a bit more 'liberal' down here, even hinting that you have a weapon to cause bodily harm can be grounds for use of deadly force.
Yup...

I'm actually on the other side of the fence - I know how this scenario happens and it isn't fishy at all - there are perps who start off with a friendly face and conversation to catch you off guard...

Could be any number of explanations including the kids thought they'd mess with him, but late night and the "conversation" don't raise any flags for "fishyness" given what I've seen...

Yup...

I'm actually on the other side of the fence - I know how this scenario happens and it isn't fishy at all - there are perps who start off with a friendly face and conversation to catch you off guard... Could be any number of explanations including the kids thought they'd mess with him, but late night and the "conversation" don't raise any flags for "fishyness" given what I've seen...

This...

Back
Top Bottom