• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FL Deputy Threatens to Shoot Concealed Carry Licensee and Arrests Him for Exposure

Wow...

I only saw a quick flash of a black holster.

[video]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cc0_1358438084[/video]

[video=youtube_share;pns3_Peke30]http://youtu.be/pns3_Peke30[/video]

Last edited:
Could be a Dept. problem child that perceives everything as a threat? Worked with a few of those in the past.

RodFarva_shitashitter1.jpg

I just watched it again and I only saw the holster after he put his arms up on to the side of the van. They two things that he did wrong were failing to put his new sticker on the plate and getting out of the vehicle. Who does that voluntarily?

So can someone help me understand what law was broken and why this guy was hauled off in cuffs by this HERO dressed in FAG drab?

Based on the comments looks like this video was from 2009. FL law appears to have been changed in 2011 to allow brief displays of a gun to address these kinds of problems.

I'll play!

1) Only watched the first minute or two until he was cuffed.
2) IANAC.
3) IMHO what the driver did wrong was a) get out of the car without being asked (unless I heard wrong) and if he was asked to get out he should have sat there first and said "I just want to let you know I have a concealed weapon."

I would think that cops don't like to find out by accident that you are carrying.

Other than that, yea he seemed to be a prick but again only watched the first min or two.

So can someone help me understand what law was broken and why this guy was hauled off in cuffs by this HERO dressed in FAG drab?
FL does not allow open carry, in 2011 a statute was changed to allow "briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person" but apparently the deputy is retarded

- - - Updated - - -

I'll play!

1) Only watched the first minute or two until he was cuffed.
2) IANAC.
3) IMHO what the driver did wrong was a) get out of the car without being asked (unless I heard wrong) and if he was asked to get out he should have sat there first and said "I just want to let you know I have a concealed weapon."

I would think that cops don't like to find out by accident that you are carrying.

Other than that, yea he seemed to be a prick but again only watched the first min or two.

you are not required in certain states to declare you have a concealed weapon

Correct me if I am wrong but in Mass you are not required to inform the cop that you are carrying? Just double checking.

I'm going to break ranks here. Yes, the cop WAYYYYY overreacted and is probably an a**h***. But the driver is an idiot. Though he didn't do anything legally wrong.

1) never get out of a vehicle unless asked to do so by a LEO.
2) if asked to get out, it means you are about to be frisked. Then and only then, volunteer that you are carrying.

I'm going to break ranks here. Yes, the cop WAYYYYY overreacted and is probably an a**h***. But the driver is an idiot. Though he didn't do anything legally wrong.

2) if asked to get out, it means you are about to be frisked. Then and only then, volunteer that you are carrying.

That's exactly what I was trying to say previously.

[wink]

I just watched it again and I only saw the holster after he put his arms up on to the side of the van. They two things that he did wrong were failing to put his new sticker on the plate and getting out of the vehicle. Who does that voluntarily?

That's exactly what I was trying to say previously.

[wink]

Me too!

The cop was a dick. But, when you get out of a vehicle on a car stop that is the single most potentially dangerous thing that could happen. Watch YouTube videos of cops getting shot on traffic stops and that's how it happens 99% of the time. I'm not saying this cop didnt go overboard, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is sad but just as cops have to expect to get shot in any traffic encounter, citizens now have to expect to meet an overzealous superdoosh cop in any interaction with law enforcement. The two-way respect is gone from both sides. Unfortunately for citizens, the power and potential abuse of power is all in the cops' hands.

The Cop didnt seem to have a problem with him getting out of the car. Does Florida require this? Most videos ive seen the cop flips out if the person gets out of the car. Further more the cop didnt flip out when he first saw his gun, he asked him calmly why you carrying a gun for, the man answered and then the cop flipped out.

The Cop didnt seem to have a problem with him getting out of the car. Does Florida require this? Most videos ive seen the cop flips out if the person gets out of the car. Further more the cop didnt flip out when he first saw his gun, he asked him calmly why you carrying a gun for, the man answered and then the cop flipped out.

Agree, it seemed to take a moment for the cop to loose his shite, as if he was remembering how the guy grabbed his wallet, etc. The driver was just being a friendly bumpkin, just happened to meet the wrong cop. As I posted above, all drivers now have to assume you are going to meet an overzealous over-reacting cop, even if not breaking any laws. Sad.

I'll shoot you in the ****ing back!
??

I honestly have to say, I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when people act like disrespectful a**h***s to me. "**** you!" probably would have come flying out of my mouth, and I would probably have been taken to the ground rather gracefully.

Back
Top Bottom