• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FL Deputy Threatens to Shoot Concealed Carry Licensee and Arrests Him for Exposure

Complete abuse of power, and breakdown of policy and procedure. This guy makes cops look bad, prime example of how some people can't handle a position of power. What a douchebag!

??

I honestly have to say, I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when people act like disrespectful a**h***s to me. "**** you!" probably would have come flying out of my mouth, and I would probably have been taken to the ground rather gracefully.

The place to argue with a cop is in court. Ive taken 2 cops completely apart in court. If I had spoken to them that way on the side of the road id have probably been arrested.

The driver was a fool. I was actually surprised that the cop didnt initially take offense to the guy getting out of the vehicle.

In case anyone needs a refresher. Traffic stop 101

1. Get license and registration and insurance.
2. Wait with your hands on the wheel.
3. Engage in as little conversation as possible.
4. Answer no questions.
5. Volunteer no information.
6. Be courteous and professional
7. Record all encounters
8. Do not consent to searches.
9. If you are asked to get out of the car, you are going to be frisked. Now is the time to volunteer that you have a carry permit and are lawfully carrying. Ask how he would like you to proceed.
10. And last but not least. NEVER argue on the side of the road. You will lose. Save it for court.

Not saying I would argue, or I wouldn't comply with his orders. I just think I have a better than 50% chance of letting "F you" rip while doing it. (Followed by "I want a lawyer" and silence.) It IS possible to do his job without being a douche. I deal with a**h***s all the time, and I can be polite, until its time not to be. Guess I expect a certain level of professionalism.

Not saying I would argue, or I wouldn't comply with his orders. I just think I have a better than 50% chance of letting "F you" rip while doing it. (Followed by "I want a lawyer" and silence.) It IS possible to do his job without being a douche. I deal with a**h***s all the time, and I can be polite, until its time not to be. Guess I expect a certain level of professionalism.

Watch the video again. The cop certainly needs some training on how to deal with lawfully armed citizens. BUT he was very courteous up until then. Again, I don't know a single cop who would allow a person to get out of his vehicle during a traffic stop.

If I had to guess, which we are all doing, I'd guess the cop is not a douche. But rather someone who doesn't understand the gun culture and feels threatened by the presence of an armed citizen. As the video shows, he was respectful and professional right up until he realized the citizen was armed.

Watch the video again. The cop certainly needs some training on how to deal with lawfully armed citizens. BUT he was very courteous up until then. Again, I don't know a single cop who would allow a person to get out of his vehicle during a traffic stop.

If I had to guess, which we are all doing, I'd guess the cop is not a douche. But rather someone who doesn't understand the gun culture and feels threatened by the presence of an armed citizen. As the video shows, he was respectful and professional right up until he realized the citizen was armed.

Re telling a cop F&%k You. Well, if thats something you would do, I think you need to grow up a little. It accomplishes nothing other than coloring the situation in the officer's favor when you get to court.

Look, I have no issue with the cops actions until he went full retard with the "I'll shoot you in the back" comment. That's my issue. WAY 100% out of line, and deserving of a "F You" or "your an a**h***" comment IMO. Yes, the guy should have stayed in the car. No disagreement there.

It is entirely possible to give someone a clear, concise, and authoritative command, WITHOUT making what is, in effect, a threat to execute them.

Pretty sure they teach them how at the academy.

Last edited:
Saying F&^k you to a cop who has just threatened to shoot you in the back is stupid at best.

The other thing is that when the cop told the guy to put his hands against the truck, the guy hesitated.

I'm no boot licker, but on the side of the road, you comply.

See Bold Above

And I repeat, below.

It is entirely possible to give someone a clear, concise, and authoritative command, WITHOUT making what is, in effect, a threat to execute them.

Pretty sure they teach them how at the academy.

Saying F&^k you to a cop who has just threatened to shoot you in the back is stupid at best.

The other thing is that when the cop told the guy to put his hands against the truck, the guy hesitated.

I'm no boot licker, but on the side of the road, you comply.

I'm done arguing.

Just as a side note there are many instances down south where you will be instructed to step out of the vehicle over loud speaker. He was getting out when the cop was already out of his car. I had this happen multiple times while living in fl by broward sheriffs office and FHP. I also had this happen on 95 in NC by HP. Keep in mind most vehicles have dark tint and with either that or an obstructed view they order you out of the car. It doesn't show that part so I'm not going to assume what he did was wrong because what everyones saying about getting out isn't how it goes down there.

In case anyone needs a refresher. Traffic stop 101

1. Get license and registration and insurance.
2. Wait with your hands on the wheel.
3. Engage in as little conversation as possible.
4. Answer no questions.
5. Volunteer no information.
6. Be courteous and professional
7. Record all encounters
8. Do not consent to searches.
9. If you are asked to get out of the car, you are going to be frisked. Now is the time to volunteer that you have a carry permit and are lawfully carrying. Ask how he would like you to proceed.
10. And last but not least. NEVER argue on the side of the road. You will lose. Save it for court.

So when the officer ask you how fast do you think you were going. Where you going, where you are coming from? Just sit there and say nothing? Wouldn't just sitting there in silence get you a "Can you step out of the car please"?

Last edited:
FL does not allow open carry, in 2011 a statute was changed to allow "briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person" but apparently the deputy is retarded

- - - Updated - - -

you are not required in certain states to declare you have a concealed weapon

I'm wondering how old that video is, it was posted 2 days ago but the quality looks old vs something recent. At this point I'm just glad it wasn't a 'guy shot by cop' video.

Just as a side note there are many instances down south where you will be instructed to step out of the vehicle over loud speaker. He was getting out when the cop was already out of his car. I had this happen multiple times while living in fl by broward sheriffs office and FHP. I also had this happen on 95 in NC by HP. Keep in mind most vehicles have dark tint and with either that or an obstructed view they order you out of the car. It doesn't show that part so I'm not going to assume what he did was wrong because what everyones saying about getting out isn't how it goes down there.

Matt, thanks. Thats an interesting perspective. I don't know what the tint laws are in FL but I know I've seen grandpas in white town cars with a very dark tint.

So when the officer ask you how fast do you think you were going. Where you going, where you are coming from? Just sit there and say nothing? Wouldn't just sitting there in silence get you a "Can you step out of the car please"?

How fast do you think you were going? - I was going the speed limit officer.

How many drinks have you had - I'm not going to discuss my personal affairs with you officer
Can you follow my pen - I don't mean any disrespect officer, but I'm not going to take a field sobriety test. (Not required in MA or CT)

When an officer is asking you questions, he is gathering evidence to be used AGAINST YOU. I'm not looking to make friends with him.

Obviously if asked to step out of the car, you comply. But again, you don't have to say anything.

I'd love to see those who say to not comply or disrespect any Leo do this in fl. They will rip you out of the car through the window so fast your head will spin. They beat to a different drum down there and for the most part if you are respectful you will not have an issue.

I refused to pull over at one point for BSO on the fl turnpike and he pulled up next to me and flashed his badge then pointed his gun at me. I pulled over and he was pissed. He asked why I didn't stop and took off to 140 multiple times and I said because he was riding my ass with no cars around up to over 100 and so I went to a speed I knew his car (unmarked) couldn't keep up. Then I'd slow down and he would get on my ass again. Then I took off when he only put his clear corner strobes on. I said I didn't know who he was and he didn't have a wig wag or any colored lights going and I thought he was an impersonator. He calmed down after talking to me and gave me a verbal to slow down.

Now if I didn't I'm sure I would have had FHP after me plus a chopper and my car would have been rammed etc etc etc. They deal with enough illegals and those that mouth off that they don't mess around. If you are respectful I've found them to be very reasonable as they are glad to not be dealing with the shit of society. Not complying with a Fl Leo is not the same in any way shape or form the same as up here. Want to find out, try it and enjoy eating asphalt. I've seen it happen all too often down there.

Matt, thanks. Thats an interesting perspective. I don't know what the tint laws are in FL but I know I've seen grandpas in white town cars with a very dark tint.

Tint laws [rofl] State inspection [rofl] Now that's funny! There are none. When I moved back I left my T/A registered down there because Ma says it's to loud, low, and tints to dark. They could care less... Unless you get pulled over and they can't see in the car. Then they ask you to step out.

Not complying with a Fl Leo is not the same in any way shape or form the same as up here. Want to find out, try it and enjoy eating asphalt. I've seen it happen all too often down there.

I've been all over FL many times, thankfully I've never been stopped by FL cops, but I did notice that most all of them carry Tasers and they're not hesitant about using them.

The cop was an ass because he realized he screwed up.
If that was suppossed to be concealed carry, the guy sucks at it.

Thats exactly how I carry in CT, with no requirement to conceal. OWB pancake with a Tshirt or polo over it. Nothing more.

In MA I put a little more effort into it since I have my LTC at the pleasure of the local issuing authority.

??

I honestly have to say, I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when people act like disrespectful a**h***s to me. "**** you!" probably would have come flying out of my mouth, and I would probably have been taken to the ground rather gracefully.

"Please do. Working for a living is getting old!"

Back
Top Bottom