Fl couple buys baby bouncer at Goodwill, finds semi-automatic rifle inside

What happened to "It's the thought that counts"? Is it not possible that someone who is working poor and eschews welfare on principle might find a way to scrounge a few bucks and find a way to buy a useful gift for a friend?

But the people in the article weren't those people.

Besides, as Dave Ramsey might say....if you can't afford a gift, then don't buy one. Give a card or make a gift.

Oh, and BTW. I grew up relatively poor myself. Can't bait me into supporting asses by playing the sympathy angle.

Oh, I'm not defending these specific people. It's the generalized scorn for the poor expressed in the post I quoted that I find unreasonable.

Only takes five minutes on CSI.

Of course, tracing serial numbers is total BS that won't tell you squat in FL or 46 other states that have no form of registration.

Not only that, but they can test for DNA in the field. LOL

Reality is it would take longer than 1 hour to do a serial # check on that firearm. The best you'll get in FL is the distributor then dealer then the FIRST person it was sold to. Now you gotta call John Q Public who may or may not know who he sold it to. Because this is America. Land of the Free. Depending on how old that gun is, you could be in for a long search.

Buying a baby gift at Goodwill without at least opening it to make sure it works, or cleaning off the old barf, etc... The story stinks.

I thought the story said it was UNopened. Hence, did Gerber put the Mossy in there? LOL

...It's the generalized scorn for the poor expressed in the post I quoted that I find unreasonable.

Your right...I'm a horrible human being. How fortunate I am to have had my morality judged by you. I'll go now, disgusted with myself, and vow to spend the rest of my wretched existence repentant.

I only hope that for Christmas someone will think enough of me to hit the local Goodwill store to buy me a bouncy seat with a rifle in it...

(lighten up, Francis)

Only takes five minutes on CSI.

Of course, tracing serial numbers is total BS that won't tell you squat in FL or 46 other states that have no form of registration.

It's on the 4473, so at least the initial purchaser should be able to be located. Subsequent sales in FL and other states that don't track private transactions - you're absolutely correct.

Your right...I'm a horrible human being. How fortunate I am to have had my morality judged by you. I'll go now, disgusted with myself, and vow to spend the rest of my wretched existence repentant.

I only hope that for Christmas someone will think enough of me to hit the local Goodwill store to buy me a bouncy seat with a rifle in it...

(lighten up, Francis)

Overreact often?

Should have been a Glock 44...

article-2169225-13F10EDC000005DC-987_634x286.jpg

Back
Top Bottom