Fl couple buys baby bouncer at Goodwill, finds semi-automatic rifle inside

mikeyp

NES Member
Man I wish I had gotten this at our baby shower lol

1575480012431.png

CRESTVIEW, Fla. - This isn't the kind of 'free gift with purchase' you would expect.
A Florida couple shopping for a baby shower gift thought they got a great deal when they found a baby bouncer for only $10 at Goodwill. What they didn't expect was to find a semi-automatic rifle inside.

Veronica Alvarez-Rodriguez said she was attending a baby shower on Sunday, so she stopped by the Goodwill in Valparaiso to pick up a gift. That's where she found a Baby Einstein baby bouncer in an unopened box that appeared to be new. For only $9.99, it was quite a bargain -- especially when it turned out to be two gifts in one.

Alvarez-Rodriguez took the gift to the baby shower where the father-to-be opened the box and said "You guys got me a gun," the Palm Beach Post reported.
Turns out, the baby bouncer box also contained a Mossberg 715T semi-automatic rife with live ammo in it.

Alvarez-Rodriguez posted photos of the unexpected gift to Facebook.

"When you go to the Goodwill for a baby shower gift thinking you got a good deal on a bouncer ($10) not even opened and you end up opening a 🔫MOSSBERG 715T Semi-Auto Rifle," she wrote.

"Total shock for us," she told FOX 35 News. "But also hilarious and just glad it came into safe hands with all of our husbands being military."

View: https://www.facebook.com/veronicagarcia.alvarezrodriguez/posts/2627397007381683

Crestview police were called and an officer told them they could keep the gun after checking their IDs. On Monday, however, police requested they turn over the rifle while the incident is being investigated.

Video shows them opening A box and a rifle inside. The box in the pix CANNOT fit the rifle. What they are saying is either the rifle was in teh outer shipping box (and the Einstein box wasn't in it) or something. It's all strange.

Video shows them opening A box and a rifle inside. The box in the pix CANNOT fit the rifle. What they are saying is either the rifle was in teh outer shipping box (and the Einstein box wasn't in it) or something. It's all strange.
Nothing strange. The picture shows the rifle on a sofa/foot rest which is at least a foot higher than the box which is on the ground. Perspective makes it appear that the rifle is bigger than the box because it is close to the camera. Things closer appear bigger. Things further away appear smaller. Magic. The video shows the same box.

Nothing strange. The picture shows the rifle on a sofa/foot rest which is at least a foot higher than the box which is on the ground. Perspective makes it appear that the rifle is bigger than the box because it is close to the camera. Things closer appear bigger. Things further away appear smaller. Magic. The video shows the same box.

Who are you, Doctor Freaking Who??? (Oh damn, you're right. LOL)

Not very familiar with any .22LR AR style rifles, particularly the Mossberg, but does the rifle take down to an upper and lower like a regular AR? It could have been in pieces in the box.

I might have to change where I shop for gifts... Then again, here in Mass, the purchaser and the receiver of said gift would probably be a PP by now LOL.

Her FaceBook page is getting a lot of requests from news stations and journalists asking to use her story and pics, and
she's thrilled about it.

Not very familiar with any .22LR AR style rifles, particularly the Mossberg, but does the rifle take down to an upper and lower like a regular AR? It could have been in pieces in the box.

I might have to change where I shop for gifts... Then again, here in Mass, the purchaser and the receiver of said gift would probably be a PP by now LOL.

Not even close. Looks like a PITA...

The rifle is 33" OAL with the stock collapsed. I could see it fitting in the box diagonally, I'm just not buying the story about
how it got in there in the first place.

I can also fit a 24" Target AR in a backpack without even breaking it down. It's all about perspective.

the lower could fit in the square box on the floor. No way the upper would fit in there.

I could not open the video so I did not see what box the firearm was removed from....still sounds like BS.

Only insofar as you are willing to consider the Mossberg (CBC) 715T a "rifle". Its quality makes Taurus look good.

Really?

What kind of cheap-ass skinflint goes to a Goodwill to buy a baby shower gift?

Could've at least gone to Walmart or even K-Mart.

What happened to "It's the thought that counts"? Is it not possible that someone who is working poor and eschews welfare on principle might find a way to scrounge a few bucks and find a way to buy a useful gift for a friend?

Back
Top Bottom