• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FL - Bicyclist Opens Fire, Shoots Himself By Mistake

http://www.heraldtribune.com/articl...icyclist-opens-fire-shoots-himself-by-mistake

PALMETTO — A teenager mistakenly shot himself in the pelvis during a ride-by shooting this morning in a Palmetto aparment complex, authorities say.

Deputies say the teen, 19-year-old Johnny Hawks, was on his bicycle at 10:15 a.m. when he fired several rounds into a unit at Palmetto Village, in the 2600 block of 14th Avenue Drive East.

Hawks accidentally shot himself and fell from the bike, according to Manatee Sheriff’s Office. He limped away to a home in the 900 block of 25th Street East, where he reportedly called a relative.

Moments later, after someone in the neighborhood called 911, a deputy saw Hawks’ mother driving her son away from the crime scene.

Deputies stopped them both and Hawks was flown to a trauma unit in St. Petersburg for surgery. He is expected to live and will be charged upon his release, authorities say.

No one else was injured.

Hopefully that shot to the "pelvis" caused enough collateral damage to qualify him for the Darwin award. You don't have to die, just remove your genes from the pool.

Aww come on everybody. He was just a kid trying to get himself back on the straight and narrow. He was out practicing his bicycle biathlon hoping it would be introduced as a 2012 summer olympic sport. Here's to a long painful recovery if he must.

a 19yo, on his bicycle, doing a driveby

[rofl]

this is just so wrong, on so many levels....something I'd expect to see on youtube!

[laugh2]

That's pretty thug. I wonder if it was a "lowrider" bicycle? [laugh]

The sad part of this story is he'll be out on bail before he stops limping.

Lather, rinse, repeat...

"My baby dint do nuffin'! He's a good boy, he just fell off his bike and the pencil in his pocket poked him real good, he dint have no gun."

Sounds like the dumbass shot himself while putting the gun back into his pants . To bad he didnt hit his jimmy would have taken himself right out of the Gene Pool . Just Missed a Darwin Award .

I would have paid $100.00 for a front row seat just to see justice in action.This thread made my day.

IMO, this is more sheer stupidity than justice. Justice would be if he goes to jail for a long time. But unfortunately, not only is justice blind, she has also become deaf and dumb.

Many years ago when I was a young firefighter assigned to the Rescue Co. my partner and I responded to a very similar call. This genius was stuffing a sawed off shotgun down the front of his pants in preparation for a robbery. You all know what happened next. He didn't shoot off anything important and we all had a great laugh. The officers who arrested him also thought it was quite amusing.

Back
Top Bottom