• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fixed magazine state legal AR 15

Hey all,

Went to a shop today that I saw on Armslist selling Legal AR platform rifles. The catch is that the magazine is fixed with a pin now making them not "assault rifles" anymore because you have to takedown the gun to reload. Thinking about getting one. Anyone have one of these complaint rifles? Does it become a pain to have to break the rifle every time you want to reload?

Hey all,

Went to a shop today that I saw on Armslist selling Legal AR platform rifles. The catch is that the magazine is fixed with a pin now making them not "assault rifles" anymore because you have to takedown the gun to reload. Thinking about getting one. Anyone have one of these complaint rifles? Does it become a pain to have to break the rifle every time you want to reload?

I wouldn't. I would find a pre maura bullshit ban rifle/lower or buy a different platform. either that or wait until she is gone or her order has been struck down. tavors are expensive but worth every penny.

Playing devil's advocate.
It can't have been modified from it's original manufacture. Once an AW always an AW.
It would still be "capable" of a large capacity mag, unless the receiver/mag was different enough from the AR platform to prevent this.
Which takes precedence in the law as interpreted by our AG? That it does not have a detachable mag or her BS similarity test?

seriously, spend the dough and find a pre 6/20 in state rifle or lower. don't fool around with a pretenter.

"MA compliant" rifles were compliant too.

Whats the point of trying to comply any more? Were all a "guidance" and a gavel strike away from felonies anyway.

Last edited:

This is why I love being an American. That is a slick way around the bull of fixed mags. How are they going to ban that? Your ejection port must be the exact specification of the round being ejected?

I also love the irony of that installed on a full auto. I'm hoping that was intentional.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been to that shop numerous times and they're pretty good quality ARs. Definitely not budget builds. But I have not bought one, just spoke with the employees about the ARs.

This is why I love being an American. That is a slick way around the bull of fixed mags. How are they going to ban that? Your ejection port must be the exact specification of the round being ejected?

I also love the irony of that installed on a full auto. I'm hoping that was intentional.

This is as quick as a mag change. Great piece of engineering.

I'm gonna sell my pre-7/20 target A2 AR and just give up and get a used Mini-14. $1200 for a postfederalban AR vs $550 for a preban Mini is hard to turn down, even if it's not as good a gun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom