Five people shot on Mardi Gras parade route in New Orleans: 1 dead, suspect detained

The parade is today, not 2 days ago. Sheesh. Of course it's not a safe area. It's NEVER a safe area. The only difference during Marti's Grass is that instead of getting shot or held up, you just get to ruin a pair of shoes stepping in vomit all the time. Your buddy doesn't get murdered, your Nike's do.

The parade is today, not 2 days ago. Sheesh. Of course it's not a safe area. It's NEVER a safe area. The only difference during Marti's Grass is that instead of getting shot or held up, you just get to ruin a pair of shoes stepping in vomit all the time. Your buddy doesn't get murdered, your Nike's do.
In 1975 I went to Mardi Gras with a friend of mine that grew up near NOLO...I was glad I went (great food and music) but would never go again. Once was enough for me.

I was stationed in Biloxi during Mardi Gras one year. A buddy asked if I wanted to go to NO for the weekend. "Nah - too crowded for my taste, I'll just get myself in trouble" was my surprisingly grown up answer to him. He then tried to convince me to go by mentioning it was Mardi Gras - as if making it even more crowded and more likely of encountering and partaking in stupidity will convince me to take the trip. Never been, and don't regret it.

Mardi Gras is always better in the smaller towns. I was stationed on Grand Isle (south of NOLA) from 97-2000, and we had a LOT of fun.

This headline is SUPER sensationalism. There was no murder DURING Bacchus.

I was stationed in Biloxi during Mardi Gras one year. A buddy asked if I wanted to go to NO for the weekend. "Nah - too crowded for my taste, I'll just get myself in trouble" was my surprisingly grown up answer to him. He then tried to convince me to go by mentioning it was Mardi Gras - as if making it even more crowded and more likely of encountering and partaking in stupidity will convince me to take the trip. Never been, and don't regret it.
NOLA was about a 1+10 drive from Keesler. I went plenty and loved it.

Back
Top Bottom