• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Five James Bond guns including Roger Moore’s Walther PPK from A View To A Kill stolen in ‘movie-style’ heist

Reptile

NES Member
FIVE James Bond guns including Sir Roger Moore’s Walther PPK from A View To A Kill were stolen in a movie-style heist.

The prop weapons were taken by thieves who jumped through an open window before fleeing “in scenes reminiscent of a James Bond movie”.

Cops are now searching for the suspects - described as three white men with eastern European accents - who made off with the stash in Enfield, North London.

The raiders even had a surveillance car parked outside the house where an individual took photos of the scene.

No arrests have been made since the dramatic burglary in March this year.

One of the firearms - a yellow-handed Llama pistol featured in Die Another Day - was recovered by a member of the public in a field near Roydon Railway Station in Essex in April.

The valuable gun was severely rusted due to being left outside and exposed to the elements.
Other stolen props include a Beretta ‘Cheetah’ Auto Pistol used by Halle Berry in Die Another Day and a Smith & Wesson 44 Magnum revolver used by Sir Roger Moore in Live and Let Die.
The owner of the guns is said to be “devastated” by the raid.
Police have today released CCTV which shows a silver Vauxhall Minerva parked on the street where the offence took place before the burglary.

Detective Inspector Paul Ridley, from North Area CID, is investigating the burglary.

Cops are now searching for the suspects - described as three white men with eastern European accents - who made off with the stash in Enfield, North London.

Additional info released: yes, they are mostly European - judging by their clothing labels and cigarettes - with the exception of one Asian person and one nerdy black guy: they didn't use him, must have had something to do with computers or something.

Movie prop firearms = paperweights. Most modern props cannot be modified for live Ammunition use. The thieves may have thought they were getting an easy score on “gunz” as opposed to famous movie props.

Movie prop firearms = paperweights. Most modern props cannot be modified for live Ammunition use. The thieves may have thought they were getting an easy score on “gunz” as opposed to famous movie props.

I imagine if you flashed one at just about any retail store clerk or bank teller in the UK, you would walk out with their cash.

Even props can be useful -- especially if the risk is low that the person you're robbing could shoot back.

Really depends on the era, budget of movie, and director's personal stance on realism. There are many movies that use prop guns with working action so that they can fire blanks. Some of these guns have modified barrels so that they won't even chamber a real around. Some do not. If it were a pistol with browning action, one could just swap out the barrel at that point. I'm betting Roger Moore era guns were more practical props than complete paper weights for later CGI.

Tell that to Brandon Lee. He got ventilated by a prop gun.

Tell that to Brandon Lee. He got ventilated by a prop gun.

I think he was killed by a real gun used as a prop. I forget the Hollywood genius who put a blank gun to his temple and pulled the trigger only to be killed by the trauma of the blast. Why do I waste brain cells remembering this stuff?

Thank God the Connery firearms were untouched. Losing a Roger Moore Bond gun is like losing a Shemp Stooges episode.

Gosh they were bad movies. VTAK with theblack she-male. The one with Midge from That 70’s Show. Uck. Oh yeah, the oversexed skater one. Maybe the Yaphet Kotto one was good.

I think he was killed by a real gun used as a prop. I forget the Hollywood genius who put a blank gun to his temple and pulled the trigger only to be killed by the trauma of the blast. Why do I waste brain cells remembering this stuff?

Jon Erik Hexum (sp?)

Probably a front vented blank gun. Some are vented near the breech others have a partially plugged barrel so they will spew a little smoke/fire from the front but still provide backpressure to cycle the action. A lot of hollywood blank guns are front vented.

That mousetrap guy on youtube has a mousetrap that I think kills mice by firing a blank near the mouses head, the pressure is enough to kill the mouse/rat.....

I'm sure that the bad guns made some nice people do it. I wouldn't even trust that poptart gun that some school boy knawed on.

Probably a front vented blank gun. Some are vented near the breech others have a partially plugged barrel so they will spew a little smoke/fire from the front but still provide backpressure to cycle the action. A lot of hollywood blank guns are front vented.

That mousetrap guy on youtube has a mousetrap that I think kills mice by firing a blank near the mouses head, the pressure is enough to kill the mouse/rat.....
I always thought that a bullet was lodged in the barrel from a previous scene where the cartridges had to be visible in the cylinder, and then the blank did the deed after that.

Back
Top Bottom