Five Houston PD officers shot in SE Houston

I thought that if someone dies during or because of the commission of a crime that it was a First Degree Murder charge as a "foreseeable outcome" of the original crime. So if lying to a judge to get a warrant is a crime, this guy should be up on Murder One charges pretty much automatically. Y'know, just like if he wasn't a cop.

Notice now, in all new reports the term "Semi-Automatic" s always put right out there in front. It's quite obvious that is the new target.
We should all be stocking up on S&W 686's, because if they get their way it really will be like the old wild west and that's all we'll be able to
get our hands on :(

Notice now, in all new reports the term "Semi-Automatic" s always put right out there in front. It's quite obvious that is the new target.
We should all be stocking up on S&W 686's, because if they get their way it really will be like the old wild west and that's all we'll be able to
get our hands on :(
This is the wrong way to think about it imo. There was a time when machine guns could be ordered through the mail and dropped off at your door. Anyones door. You could drive to another state if you wanted to and buy a pistol at a hardware store with no questions asked. Anything you stock up on now will just be the eventual target somewhere down the line. Theyll never stop. Buying cutlery in a department store in the UK is now a process, for Gods sake.

Politicians always need a new "thing" to crusade on. Why feed the alligator hoping to be eaten last? It may take a while, but its still a losing game.

I have been trying to follow this story, only a Houston local news station (KRPC 2, Houston) has any updates. Acevedo is constantly making up excuses and lies to try to clear the officers involved. He is actively searching for any dirt to thrown on the two people his department murdered to take the heat off of himself. His latest (after he was proven a liar about the warrant, black tar heroin, guns in the house, informants, surveillance systems, etc.etc) was a 911 call two weeks prior. Apparently someone called 911 and said their daughter was doing drugs at the house. Except there was no visit to the house, no followup, and if the call was legit, there would not have a need for a fake warrant.

It's scary that if officers had not been injured, then Goines and his gang would have been able to plant the heroin he had in his car, and we’d never have heard about this.

t's scary that if officers had not been injured, then Goines and his gang would have been able to plant the heroin he had in his car, and we’d never have heard about this.

Very. And unfortunately the only solution to prevent police from doing just that is a violent one.

We have reached a point where it’s just utter insanity. There are places in the country where people are openly doing drugs out and public and police won’t or can’t do anything about it and other places where police will break into your house and kill you based on unfounded speculation that you might have drugs. Insanity.

They just kick in whatever doors they want and make up the "evidence" later. Sounds more like some officer had a beef with the address and made up the "anonymous caller" story so they could fabricate a warrant.

They had reason to be at that address alright, to plant the drugs that were found in one of the police cars that was unaccounted for and unlogged.

They identified the anonymous caller and the truth will come out - but not until they coach them up on what to say.

The police murdered this couple for no reason.

I highly doubt it was for no reason. Meaning I'm sure the cops knew exactly what they were doing and it was revenge motivated for something previous.

No reason they are going to admit to I should say, contempt of cop never sets well with jury’s. What do you bet they told the cops to get a warrant - so they did (even though they had to make it up).

I wouldn't be surprised if the reasoning wasn't malicious. Could easily just be lazy cops that don't want to actually gather real evidence before conducting a search. Pencil whip a warrant and you hunch turns into an arrest.

Warrants are just a barrier to doing real cop work. /s

Wonder how many of those other cases they claim they will review were also bullshit.

Yes. This case is going to be interesting for a long time. Between the trials of two officers who have now been charged with crimes, and the investigation into other cases where they may have falsified documents and evidence, the details will take months, if not years, to fully emerge.

I just saw the video of the cops (chief in particular) congratulating himself and his department for investigating and bringing charges. Sick.

Just to be clear - NOTHING ILLEGAL WAS FOUND IN THE HOME, no criminal records, drugs that were originally 'found' were planted by the cops themselves after the shooting, the drug buy stated in the warrant never occurred.

If I was the judge who granted the warrant, I'd reject every other application unless there is video I can see.

Different case, but similar and relevant. Here's audio from the government's appeal of a qualified immunity denial in which cops broke into a guys house without ever identifying themselves or apparently even dressed as cops and shot him nine times. Oh, and EVERY COP LIED ABOUT IDENTIFYING THEMSELVES. Every single one. Government is corrupt.

Back
Top Bottom