Fitchburg Residents Read This!!

At the end of next week a new officer is taking over the job of processing LTC/FID applications and he will only be doing it 4 hours a week. According to the officer that's doing it now it takes about an hour to process one. So that means about 4 applications will be able to be processed a week in Fitchburg.

Also this was said by an officer about the new chief's attitude toward gun permits.

"If he had his way no one would ever get one."

If you know anyone that is planning on applying in Fitchburg the new person takes over after next week and I don't know if the rules are going to change. They are still issuing A-ALP at this time but after next week not only might it take longer to get a permit, it may have restrictions, and more hoops to jump though to get one.

that sucks. i really hope that this isn't the case as it will probably make fitchburg one of the most gun-unfriendly cities in this area... and if it's anywhere that it's a good idea to be armed it's in fitchburg!

I just had a friend who got an LTC-A with no restrictions in Fitchburg in the last 2 weeks. Like many towns they seem to set aside a day to proccess firearms applications. The new chief (Demura sp? formerly from Lowell) has been in office for quite some time now (months actually). I would think if there were going to be a policy change it would be already in place.

City offices in Fitchburg are under extreme distress with their budget problems. Currently they have officers taking shifts at dispatch (your tax $$$ at work). I can imagine that nonessential things like firearms applications are going to get slow.

That's f-ing great. Who is the douche bag CLEO now?

This guy named DeMoura who was an import from Lowell or Lawrence (forget which offhand, its one of the two) so the attitude is no surprise.

ETA: I am hoping that if the policy changes that people start applying pressure (IIRC there's well over 1000 Class A's in Fitchburg) but we all know
how that works.

-Mike

This guy named DeMoura who was an import from Lowell or Lawrence (forget which offhand, its one of the two) so the attitude is no surprise.

-Mike

Well Fitchburg is filled with dangerous people so naturally the smart thing to do is make it impossible for the law abiding people to defend themselves against them.

Maybe the department LEOs should turn in their guns too. [thinking]

Well Fitchburg is filled with dangerous people so naturally the smart thing to do is make it impossible for the law abiding people to defend themselves against them.

They're doing the next best thing -- they're laying off most of the police force and shutting off the street lights.

Fitchburg is getting scary. I do a LOT of walking in coolidge park, in fact I have logged thousands of miles on that walking path over the past 5 years or so. I have walked UNARMED in the sun, rain, snow, light, dark, any time of the day or night without EVER having any trouble.

The past year I have decided that I will no longer walk after dark unless I have pepper spray or a firearm (or both) with me. I had a run in with a drunk bum a couple months back that blocked the path and threatened to kill me. He actually took a swing at me as I passed him by (almost falling over in the process). I had to warn off a group of teens that were headed in his direction.

When I found an officer (on his break) and told him there was an old drunk guy that threatened to kill me in the park AND there are kids/teens walking around, his question to me was "What would you like me to do?". About an hour later I saw the guy was stumbling down JFH.....needless to say you are on your own in Fitchburg.

I got my ALP class A in November and it took exactly 4 weeks.

Fitchburg really depends on where in town you live. My area couldn't be nicer. That said, we are still going to move.

DeMoura's from Lowell, and he's very much in favor of chief's messing with the 2A.

He's a snake, and so's Lt. Louney, who runs licensing for him.

Let me put it this way. If the FPD takes your guns, they won't give them back, regardless of what the law or a judge says. They know how to manipulate the system, and will do everything in their power to make fighting for your LTC back as financially damaging to you as possible, and they drag out the process as much as they can.

Run into me in person sometime and I can go into a little more detail.

The cops are good guys there, but Louney and DeMoura are slimey cowards.

i wish i could say i was surprised. hopefully this does not spread to the surrounding areas. in some parts of fitchburg it's not a question of if you'll have to defend yourself one day it's when and that all depends on how much time you spend there.

Back
Top Bottom