• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fitchburg Man Arrested for Illegal Possession of Two Firearms in Lunenburg

Status
Not open for further replies.

commodon

NES Member
1573575406551.png

On Saturday evening, at approximately 9:19 p.m., Trooper Donald Wilmot was patrolling on Massachusetts Avenue in the town of Lunenburg, when he stopped a 2006 Ford Freestyle for motor vehicle violations. A registration query also revealed that the registered owner of the vehicle, HAYDEN D. COLLINS, 25, of Fitchburg, to have an active warrant from Worcester District Court on prior charges.

Trooper Wilmot spoke with the driver, and confirmed that he was COLLINS. After a brief investigation, COLLINS was found to be in illegal possession of a loaded Taurus .22 caliber pistol, as well as a .32 caliber RG Industries revolver. COLLINS is not licensed to carry firearms.

COLLINS was placed under arrest and transported to State Police – Leominster for booking, where he was held on $10,190 bail, pending arraignment in Leominster District Court on Tuesday morning.

COLLINS was charged with the following offenses;
1. Possession of a firearm/ammunition without FID card, subsequent offense
2. Possession of a firearm/ammunition without FID card, subsequent offense
3. Possess/carrying a firearm
4. Possess/carrying a firearm
5. Possession of ammunition without FID card
6. Firearm violation with 2 prior violent/drug crimes
7. Carrying a dangerous weapon
8. No inspection sticker
9. Warrant

No further information is available. Do not contact the barracks directly. --30-- Follow all of our news updates by subscribing to our blog at MSPnews.org

Moral of the story: Make sure you give The Man your annual "Yeah, this vehicle looks OK" money.

If it weren't for stupid criminals, there'd be no one in jail.
Can't tell you how many SP reports I read for trafficking busts that were the result of a stop for a minor equipment violation. You would think when there is that much at stake you would make sure your tail lights and plate lights work.

Marshall Dion is one (stopped for speeding, had nearly a million dollars in cash in his truck, later found to have "$15 million in cash, nearly 400 pounds of marijuana and ledgers detailing drug deals going back to 1992"). There was another old guy in MA who flew under the radar for decades only to get busted about 5-6 years ago.

Last edited:
Gang banger in Worcester got bagged for having his fog lights on in clear weather few years back. Gun and drugs bought him 2.5 in the HOC. Every stop starts somewhere.

Gang banger in Worcester got bagged for having his fog lights on in clear weather few years back. Gun and drugs bought him 2.5 in the HOC. Every stop starts somewhere.

I've heard rumors in the past that fog lights are "illegal", but when I went and searched for that info, I came up with nothing. Which is it? I leave mine on all the time if the headlights are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom