Fishing Need Help

Jacks07

NES Member
I’m still relatively new to fishing and haven’t been out this early in the season before. I’m looking to head out tomorrow morning. I have a place to go just don’t know where to find the fish in this weather. It’s a local lake with freshly stocked trout. I’m looking mostly for input on what depth I should be trying this early in the season. I don’t have a fish finder yet.

Deeper waters at this time. If you could find the thermal layer you'd be all set but that's tough to do without electronics. Just try to stay on the drop offs and deeper water and you should be fine.

From shore or with waders most of my depth access is about 10-15’. If I bring the kayak I can hit 20-30’ is it worth extra depth or would they be sitting higher?

Well that was a bust. Lake was absolutely packed. Parking lot completely filled to where guys were parking on the road. So I packed it in and headed over to the Merrimack. Needless to say I gat nothing.

Fishing for stocked trout is not all that fun for me anyhow. Not sure you need a fish finder I am sure it can help but I catch a lot of fish with out one.

Fishing for stocked trout is not all that fun for me anyhow. Not sure you need a fish finder I am sure it can help but I catch a lot of fish with out one.
Never done early spring fishing before I do fine later in the season just don’t know where to look in the river this time of year.

Back
Top Bottom