Fishing Lodge Recommendation New England

Knob Creek

NES Member
Thinking about a weeks stay at a Fishing Lodge in NH or Maine for my wife and I. Not interested in Fresh Water Fly Fishing. Lean more towards Bass, Pike or Salmon.

My sons go to a cabin rental place on Moosehead lake in Maine. You can rent boats, etc. Not sure of the spelling, but something like "Tom Heegans"? They also rent cottages for ice fishing. They always do well. Probably other rentals on the lake also. If you want, PM me for son Lance's contact info and he can fill you in. Jack.

I haven't been in 4 years but Merrill Brook Cabins in Howland Me. is a great place. The Penobscot River has great Smallmouth Bass fishing. PM me with questions if you want.

I’ve tried hunting here. Hunting wasn’t awesome, but I know he does a brisk fishing business. You can choose guided or on your own. Rental boat or bring your own as well I believe. Owners name is Russ.
Cabins are rustic and food is hearty home cooking.

Last edited:
I have been to South Branch Lake Camps, Merrill Brook Camps, and Penobscot River Camps ( hunting )and have nothing but good things to say about them. All in the same general area ( at least for Maine ) and if you bring your own boat Endless Lake in Sebois (sp.? )is excellent bass and salmon fishing.

Tomhegan Wilderness perhaps? There’s a bunch more. They are north of Rockwood off the Northern Rd.
Ice is still on the lake but it’s starting to really open up where the Moose River dumps into Moosehead.

I have never stayed here but I rented boats many of time from them.I lived about 2 mi from this place. I have spent hundreds of hours fishing long pond. It's 14 miles long. The fishery is very diverse. Amazing pike fishing at the end of Iingham pond which it is connected to by the ihingham stream. Follow the pond to the very end. Then keep going. Pike fishing is unbelievable down there nobody fishes it.

Back
Top Bottom