• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fishing Lake Murray, SC

admcd

NES Member
I know this is Northeast Shooters, but I also know we have many well traveled anglers here.

I'm going to be spending a week on Lake Murray, SC with my in-laws around Labor Day. Knowing I'll need a few minutes of peace and quiet (my mother in law is a five foot nothing Italian from Beverly who's ability to project her voice at extremely loud volume puts the report from a M44 Mosin Nagant to shame), I'm planning on doing a bit of fishing.

I was wondering if anyone had fished there before and might be willing to share any advice they'd be willing to part with.

I'm planning on taking my 5' ultra-light rod for ease of transportation. Plenty of room for lures and the like.

We will be renting a pontoon boat for a day or two, so I don't have to just do shore fishing.

you are going to want a med heavy 6'6" or 7' rod at least. throw a lizard with bullit weight or a 5 to 7 inch swim bait. jig and pig is good in heavy cover. you might be near ker reservoir also good lake. early morning or eve is great or fish docks and cover. bring a spinnerbait also. good luck have a awesome time.

I haven't fished Murray, but I've fished enough in the south to agree with the responses above. You'll be laughed out of Dixie if you show up with an ultralight rig, especially when you tie into a 10 pound striper (yeah, they got them there). Just google "Lake Murray bass fishing" and you'll find lots of info.

Back
Top Bottom