• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fish pics

Well I am not dead or floating lost in the Atlantic, but I also don't have any good footage to post. We went offshore about 25 miles south of Montauk Saturday on a mission to spear a mako shark. I drifted in a chum slick for 4 hours and saw nothing. We had a huge great hammerhead cruise by the boat but it didn't hang out long enough for us to get in the water. Not that we could/would have shot it. I would have liked to have gotten some video of it but oh well. I got some video of a big sunfish I swam with and a huge pod of Atlantic dolphins but otherwise just a bunch of me floating in a lot of blue water and blood.

Well I am not dead or floating lost in the Atlantic, but I also don't have any good footage to post. We went offshore about 25 miles south of Montauk Saturday on a mission to spear a mako shark. I drifted in a chum slick for 4 hours and saw nothing. We had a huge great hammerhead cruise by the boat but it didn't hang out long enough for us to get in the water. Not that we could/would have shot it. I would have liked to have gotten some video of it but oh well. I got some video of a big sunfish I swam with and a huge pod of Atlantic dolphins but otherwise just a bunch of me floating in a lot of blue water and blood.

Hows your life insurance premiums?

JK[wink]

You've bigger balls than I.

"but it didn't hang out long enough for us to get in the water..." I thought you were going to say "GET OUT" of the water....[smile]

"but it didn't hang out long enough for us to get in the water..." I thought you were going to say "GET OUT" of the water....[smile]

Ha, no we were sitting on the boat cutting up a flat of herring when I noticed a huge dorsal fin off our bow, usually sharks will stick around a good slick and chum but this one just cruised by like he didn't even care.

At least you delivered the bomb.

My dad caught this beast on the second cast this morning. Our little pond has been very productive this year.
ve2enara.jpg
e3y6aha4.jpg

That is a HAWG. What kayak is your father riding in by the way?

That is a HAWG. What kayak is your father riding in by the way?
The fishing kayak that Dick's sells. Nothing special but gets him out when I'm not around to use the John boat with him. We have been using them more and more. Just so easy to grab and go.

Actually very comfortable, it's my first kayak and it's a lot more stable than I expected . I'm sure the more expensive kayaks are better in all categories, but for the money it does what I ask.

Thanks! I'm going to need to try one of those out one of these days.

Every year I talk big about getting out there for stripers and killin' it. Every year I spend a shitload of time in late Spring/ early Summer hitting my favorite spots and usually pull a handful of nice keepers out of the surf and then I'm just a lazy fart for the rest of the summer. [laugh]

I always feel like the dog days of summer are the times you really need a boat to catch lunkers but tysdad115 proves me wrong every freakin' time. [wink]

Nice fish man.

Every year I talk big about getting out there for stripers and killin' it. Every year I spend a shitload of time in late Spring/ early Summer hitting my favorite spots and usually pull a handful of nice keepers out of the surf and then I'm just a lazy fart for the rest of the summer. [laugh]

I always feel like the dog days of summer are the times you really need a boat to catch lunkers but tysdad115 proves me wrong every freakin' time. [wink]

Nice fish man.

You have an open invitation...a few days of no sleep will not kill you.

Great day off Block Island this past Sunday. Im the guy in the middle with the front facing camo hat. Won the pool for the largest catch of the day. My fish was pushing 44" and 39#. Second largest was 38# followed by two 30#ers. Landed and kept a few blues to put on the smoker as well.

Great day off Block Island this past Sunday. Im the guy in the middle with the front facing camo hat. Won the pool for the largest catch of the day. My fish was pushing 44" and 39#. Second largest was 38# followed by two 30#ers. Landed and kept a few blues to put on the smoker as well.

That is awesome. I've yet to get any striper on the grill this year. [frown]

That is awesome. I've yet to get any striper on the grill this year. [frown]

I have a feeling the shore line is going to blow up real soon and make for a stellar fall in the surf. Nothing like the pathetic spring we had. Not the grill, but did pan sear some upon my return sunday. Sorry for rubbing it in [smile]

I have a feeling the shore line is going to blow up real soon and make for a stellar fall in the surf. Nothing like the pathetic spring we had. Not the grill, but did pan sear some upon my return sunday. Sorry for rubbing it in [smile]

Dude. I'm salivating.

Looks like you guys had a hell of a day... I went out two weeks ago off of monomoy Island...6 guys...we caught 2 bass all day...slowest day I've EVER had striped bass fishing.

This is Walter. Perhaps the oldest male smallie in the Quabbin (est. 10-12 years old). Twenty-one inches, but skinny, only about five pounds. Quickly released to spawn again. I wonder though if I've caught him before--I hope to catch him again.

Q late Aug 003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom