• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fish pics

Absolutely delicious! I like it better than swordfish! Steaks, not fillets. Marinate 1" steaks in garlic, butter, lemon, and soy/teryaki. On the grill, medium heat, 3-4 mins a side.

Market Basket (R.I.P. [sad2]) had them from time to time. [smile]

Got some a few years ago and the wife had a "crunch" in her steak and spit out 4-5 #4 lead shot.

Pulled a shark out of the surf in the Cape Cod bay Saturday. Still trying to decide what type it is. Narrowed down to either black tip, mako or tiger.

No blacktips up here, makos are 99% an offshore species as are Tigers too. My guess is it is a sand tiger shark although the pictures are not very good for identification. It is a long skinny body type which pretty much rules it out as mako, tiger or blacktip also.

- - - Updated - - -

That's pretty awesome. Apparently makos are good eatin'? I was just reading about them on wiki and saw this

Can't say I've ever seen mako at the supermarket though.

The Sole Proprietor in Worcester makes an awesome blackened Mako steak! And they have a fish market attached too if you want to cook your own.

Some updated pics of the yak. I installed a couple U-stands & an outrigger/pontoon system from Stand-N-Fish. I also rigged up a Dragonfly fish finder. I just finished building a custom, through the hull, trolling motor mount out of HDPE (Starboard). The motor is a 56 lb thrust electric, remote motor from Island Hoppers Outboards.
Apologies to Madball13. Thanks for the offer for tomorrow. I can't make it. But I do need to get this rig on the water soon to test out the new additions
!
6ynydytu.jpg

ybamagez.jpg

typyqeha.jpg

e3udurud.jpg

This^ goes in there v
gezy9ytu.jpg

Last edited:
We were up in the Finger Lakes of NYS visiting family last weekend.
Stopped by some of the farm ponds from my youth. Kids had fun catching tons of bass all about the same size due to stunted growth from way too many fish in a very small pond.
Last cast of the night my 12 yo daughter plops a jitterbug under a willow branch and this beast emerged!
One of the biggest LMB I've handled.....Maybe 6.5 - 6.75lbs?
Length is about 26".

I am not good at gauging weight - how big does it look to you?

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg photo 3.jpg

BTW, this fish was relocated to a bigger pond across the road where our farmer friend was trying to boos the fish population.

The one in my pic was 6 3/4 lbs yours looks a little fatter but maybe not as long. either way nice catch!
I don't think a fish that size is going to boost the other pond more likely it will eat anything it can fit in its mouth!

We were up in the Finger Lakes of NYS visiting family last weekend.
Stopped by some of the farm ponds from my youth. Kids had fun catching tons of bass all about the same size due to stunted growth from way too many fish in a very small pond.
Last cast of the night my 12 yo daughter plops a jitterbug under a willow branch and this beast emerged!
One of the biggest LMB I've handled.....Maybe 6.5 - 6.75lbs?
Length is about 26".

I am not good at gauging weight - how big does it look to you?

View attachment 110312 View attachment 110313 View attachment 110314

BTW, this fish was relocated to a bigger pond across the road where our farmer friend was trying to boos the fish population.

Very nice fish, looks like between 5 and 6 pounds. Hard to tell. A 26 inch Bass is pretty much unheard of this far north. Down south a fish that long is well over 10 pounds and almost all of those are florida strain or F1 hybrids.

Typically a mid summer fish over 6 pounds is around 22 to 23 inches.

Very nice fish, looks like between 5 and 6 pounds. Hard to tell. A 26 inch Bass is pretty much unheard of this far north. Down south a fish that long is well over 10 pounds and almost all of those are florida strain or F1 hybrids.

Typically a mid summer fish over 6 pounds is around 22 to 23 inches.

Thanks! Yea, my estimate on length was based on my sandal being 12" end to end.........My daughter is still bragging to her brothers......

I had one goal this weekend, to get my son on some nice fish. Mission accomplished! He tied his personal best with a 28#(first pic) and beat it with the next one 32# , watching this kid put the boots to big fish makes my day.These fish were released to get bigger , hopefully he'll find them again when they're 50s.

Tyler28.jpg Tyler32.jpg Tyler32weigh.jpg

Last edited:
i will either be dead, floating alone and lost in the atlantic ocean, or posting a spearfishing video that will make you guys shit your pants on sunday/monday.

i will either be dead, floating alone and lost in the atlantic ocean, or posting a spearfishing video that will make you guys shit your pants on sunday/monday.

You know how it ended for this guy, right? Lol. Good luck!
da6azade.jpg

Champlain smallie. Caught a bunch this size, but not much bigger. A few obligatory pike, though the biggest two (15-20 lbs) stole our lures near the boat (no leaders).

Champ 14 3 010.jpg

Had some nice sunsets, though.

Champ 14 3 008.jpg

Back
Top Bottom