Fish pics

227597_10150235873247018_930869_n.jpg

You're getting these on the canal? Are they throughout the canal? What tide are you getting them?

Canal has sucked, the macks went around cape and are up in Boston Harbor with fish on them. No Macks = No Fish. I've put alot of time in down there, very scattered. I have a feeling this year will not be like the last two years

Last edited:
I really have never had good luck in the canal...I typically fish from Falmouth, Cotuit and in Dennis.....And then with my cousins out of Sesuit Harbor on their boats.

I've caught only one striper so far this season and it was a 25". I've caught plenty of large mouth from the kayak in ponds though, so that's always fun. When I start to get frustrated that I can't haul in any stripers, I go fresh water fishing. [laugh]

I find very few things in life more enjoyable than fishing with my son. He is very "hardcore" for a 12 year old, he fishes harder than most guys I know. This pic is from Saturday morning, we both hooked up at the same time. The only thing I like better than better than the sound of my drag going off is the sound of his! Both fish were released after a quick picture. He ended up with a 32" and the one pictured was 36".
ty dad fish13.jpg

My 17 year old, and the fish he snatched out of the river by hand.

whitefish.jpg

After being told to go and sin no more (i.e., get a license), my wife cooked it up for him campfire style and they agreed it was quite tasty.

I think that's a round whitefish, right? Coming from the South, I know bass, crappie, bream, bluegill, redears, and catfish. Plus trash fish like gar, drum, buffalo, and carp. I have new stuff to learn....

Looks like a brown trout to me.

Fun to catch.

Good to eat.

That's what I thought at first. Hard to tell with the camera, but it had some rainbow color to it. Haven't seen a brown with that before. That's my first east coast brown though, maybe that's how they all are.
I typically eat them when camping or backpacking, not out of stocked ponds near home.

Back
Top Bottom