• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fish and Wildlife License Proposed Increase Letter

GOAL

NES Member
Fish and Wildlife License Proposed Increase Letter

Gun Owners’ Action League has received overwhelmingly support for our position opposing the proposed hunting/fishing license increase by the Division of Fisheries and Wildlife. Many of those supporting our stance have asked if we could help them draft a letter for them to send in. So, here is a link to a draft letter. It is in a document form that can be redrafted to make it fit your individual stance. You can include your specific reasons for not supporting the drastic increases or just print it out as is.

Draft letter link: https://goal.org/Fish-and-Wildlife-License-Proposed.../

Link to original article: https://www.goal.org/GOAL-Not-Supporting-Fish-&-Wildlife...

Yote - NO! It didn't. ROFL!!! Fee increases passed. They listened. They had budgetary constraints.

On my iPhone. But I found it in literal seconds when I looked earlier. It’s on the MW website.

MassWildlife Funding​

For the first time since 1996, MassWildlife is implementing increases to hunting, freshwater fishing, and trapping license fees effective for the 2022 calendar year.
Following a thorough review by MassWildlife staff and the Fisheries and Wildlife Board, and an extensive, 6-month public engagement effort that allowed the agency to gather feedback from hunters, anglers, and trappers, the Executive Office of Administration and Finance approved MassWildlife’s proposed freshwater fishing, hunting, and trapping license fee increases. The fee increases are the first such increases in 26 years. The approved fee structure, effective in calendar year 2022, is designed to address MassWildlife’s revenue shortfall, sustain the Inland Fish and Game Fund for another decade, fund core operations, and maintain MassWildlife's popular, high-quality programs and services.
Please click here to view the fees for hunting, freshwater fishing, and trapping licenses, permits, and stamps beginning in 2022.

That's a pretty light straw that broke your back. LOL. I can think of 50 reasons why I'd leave mASS but the fishing license fee doesn't make the top 1,000.

All of that $ HAS to stay in MW per federal law. If they take the $ and move it to the general fund, they lose their Dingell-Johnson and Pittman-Robertson $. So this isn't some lame back-door to get Charlie Bustle more $ for his pet projects.

Back
Top Bottom