First-World Problem Horror Stories

smokey-seven

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My tenant did not mention that his flushometer in his toilet was not working correctly. It took him a month or so to fix it himself. I just got the water/sewer bill. %400 higher than normal.

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I had to take a promotion or else I was more than likely going to be let go. Now, I have to drive to Weymouth every day for a while until I am up to speed with my new position. I greatly preferred the sitting at home and doing mostly nothing that I have been doing since St Patricks day.

At least there is almost no traffic!

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the second morning in a row, I attempted to put a RIGHT sock on my LEFT foot. And this despite in fact having one of each.

Reactions: AHM

Individualist

NES Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
The restaurant didn’t include the salad dressing on the side with our takeout. You would have thought the world was ending.

smokey-seven

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Clipped toenails last night. Drew blood!
A Chiropodist is the way to go. I've drawn blood the last 3 times I did my toenails. #1 I can't feel my feet well anymore and #2 Bending over at that angle is no longer easy. #3 I just cant see what I'm doing regardless of which glasses I wear. Medicare pays for most, 25$ every 2-3 months is well worth it.

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I found out I have two pair of different colored sneakers. One is black and white, the other is white and black. Get odd looks from common folk.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just cant see what I'm doing regardless of which glasses I wear.
Go big, or go home.
I found out I have two pair of different colored sneakers. One is black and white, the other is white and black. Get odd looks from common folk.
The world has gone straight to Hell since Joan died,
and we no longer get weekly updates on what is/isn't too matchy-matchy.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I wasn't sure if I should post this in the main covid thread, or in the covid sitrep thread, or the riot thread, or here.... but.... brace yourselves...

The Victoria's Secret emailings I have been getting now show the models wearing masks! WTF is this??? Can I go burn something down in outrage?? I'd go to the mall and do it, but they require a mask to enter, so... I'm not going there.

Palladin

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I wasn't sure if I should post this in the main covid thread, or in the covid sitrep thread, or the riot thread, or here.... but.... brace yourselves...

The Victoria's Secret emailings I have been getting now show the models wearing masks! WTF is this??? Can I go burn something down in outrage?? I'd go to the mall and do it, but they require a mask to enter, so... I'm not going there.
That sucks, how you suppose to fap to that? Asking for a friend.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have a beer fridge in the garage. I just went for a cold beer and found that my son drank the last ones. Again.

When he was 17 or so, I put a padlock on that fridge because I was sick and tired of finding that he'd done that.

First world problem - I had to drive 1/2 a mile to get more beer.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

I always thought you were a dude.

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 88.9%
8   1   0

OK, that’s the last straw. The giant asteroid can hit any time...

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a beer fridge in the garage. I just went for a cold beer and found that my son drank the last ones. Again.

When he was 17 or so, I put a padlock on that fridge because I was sick and tired of finding that he'd done that.

First world problem - I had to drive 1/2 a mile to get more beer.
thehugemanatee.jpg

fencer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yesterday, tragedy struck my home. My youngest starts school today. It is her senior year and she goes to school 2 days a week in this shit show hybrid model.
It turns out, the mask my wife ordered was not the right shade of maroon. It was more plum colored. Oh, the horror! The website clearly stated MAROON!

QUICK! TO THE BAT MOBILE!

Yes - I went out in search of the right color mask. I return from my quest and my son was just returning from school. (late class at Stonehill) and says " Dad, they are selling masks at school in the school colors"

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I usually get San Pellegrino Italian mineral water by the case at the supermarket.

Around the time of the "pandemic" shortages this past spring, they were out of stock of San Pellegrino .

I was reduced to having to buy loose bottles of Perrier French mineral water until the San Pellegrino was back in stock.

Luckily, the liquor stores were still open during the pandemic theatre.

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yesterday, tragedy struck my home. My youngest starts school today. It is her senior year and she goes to school 2 days a week in this shit show hybrid model.
It turns out, the mask my wife ordered was not the right shade of maroon. It was more plum colored. Oh, the horror! The website clearly stated MAROON!

QUICK! TO THE BAT MOBILE!

Yes - I went out in search of the right color mask. I return from my quest and my son was just returning from school. (late class at Stonehill) and says " Dad, they are selling masks at school in the school colors"
having a high school senior aged daughter, I feel your pain.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually get San Pellegrino Italian mineral water by the case at the supermarket.

Around the time of the "pandemic" shortages this past spring, they were out of stock of San Pellegrino .

I was reduced to having to buy loose bottles of Perrier French mineral water until the San Pellegrino was back in stock.

Luckily, the liquor stores were still open during the pandemic theatre.
Reminds me of the time Sam Kinison's posse was dying of thirst at 4AM,
and they couldn't find any place that sold liquor.
Until someone had a brainstorm:

They hired a 24 hour limo,
and drove around town drinking
the back-seat courtesy bar.

bfm

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My tenant did not mention that his flushometer in his toilet was not working correctly. It took him a month or so to fix it himself. I just got the water/sewer bill. %400 higher than normal.
Had a problem with the flapper not sealing well and it was running while I was at work, left in a hurry and did not wait to see if it stopped. Was at work for three hours when the city called to say my water meter was slowly ticking over and I should check that my faucets are off and my toilet not running.

Finally replaced it that weekend.

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Dishwasher died. Tested and tore it apart and found the circulation pump was the culprit. Hopped online to find only one place had it in stock. Ordered it ($225, sigh) and laid for overnight shipping. 3 days later Sears emails me and says "Oh sorry that actually isn't in stock, and we don't know when it will be."

Went to my local appliance dealer and asked them what is going on. They said nothing is being shipped for parts or new units. Their inventory is decimated and everything is on backorder from parts to full units. He only had 4 dishwashers in stock, all on the floor.

I now have a brand new $1k Bosch dishwasher in the kitchen because I couldn't get a $225 part that in reality should probably only cost $20....

Top Bottom