First-World Problem Horror Stories

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Added first world problem to go along with the AC issues. After initial issue diagnosis, I realized The house was warming up super quick as soon as the ac would freeze up, or I shut it down. I realized the kitchen zone of the radiant heat, which is a large footprint of the main living area was somehow quite warm with the heat off. I turned off the zone with the ball valve, but it took a day and a half for the slab to cool.....just in time for us to head home this morning.

smokey-seven

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm old school, I still pay every bill by check and mail. You would think that if an outfit wants m to pay my bill, they would make the flap on the envelope taste better. I guess I will start using a sponge so they can't get my DNA.

Radtekk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
No, they dont have internet service at this house. We have a Fred that lives across the street. I text Fred, he turns on AC. This house sits mostly vacant these days due to my FIL's health. Fred mows the lawn, clears the snow, etc.
I need a Fred...
I can not find my favorite Bounty Select-a-Size paper towels ANYWHERE.
What can i do now???
Scissors?
Yes, I know @JayMcB, no solutions, but I couldn't resist...

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
My bank's phone app isn't recognizing that I've endorsed a check from a client so I'm going to have to deposit it at the ATM like an animal.
I used the app once to deposit a check. Once! Never again... It literally took 14 days for them to complete the deposit. To make matters more absurd, my name was on both the from and the to accounts. I was just trying to get $1000 between two accounts. I kept calling them up and they kept having excuses.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I ordered a hot tub today, after shopping at 3 different stores yesterday. It won't be shipped for 25 weeks, seems that's the norm. So, now i have to wait until December to exercise, because i can't get sore without instant relief on hand ...

Mesatchornug

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I used the app once to deposit a check. Once! Never again... It literally took 14 days for them to complete the deposit. To make matters more absurd, my name was on both the from and the to accounts. I was just trying to get $1000 between two accounts. I kept calling them up and they kept having excuses.
I have two banks. The app for one recognizes everything on the front of the check and automatically fills in the values, etc. That one usually clears within two days.
This bank makes me fill in everything, then takes up to a week to clear.
How do I speak to the manager?

fshalor

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Was that BoA?

One of the many reasons I switched to USAA + Locals. BoA is notorious for randomly putting deposit holds on things. Even FROM THE SAME person between accounts. 14 days of no-touchy money is just silly.

Oh, and don't get me started on what happens to any reoccurring payments against that account during their window. What's even cooler is they do FIFO. New deposits don't clear till the pending one clears!

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Was that BoA?

One of the many reasons I switched to USAA + Locals. BoA is notorious for randomly putting deposit holds on things. Even FROM THE SAME person between accounts. 14 days of no-touchy money is just silly.

Oh, and don't get me started on what happens to any reoccurring payments against that account during their window. What's even cooler is they do FIFO. New deposits don't clear till the pending one clears!
Nope, Santander to TD.

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I somehow managed to hit the main power switch on the boat while putting the cover on AGAIN! I couldnt go out on my boat yesterday afternoon, and I am now having to repeatedly charge it to get the acid gravities back up so I can go out on it at some point this afternoon.

kevin9

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I somehow managed to hit the main power switch on the boat while putting the cover on AGAIN! I couldnt go out on my boat yesterday afternoon, and I am now having to repeatedly charge it to get the acid gravities back up so I can go out on it at some point this afternoon.

jasonj84

NES Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Just upgraded my Garmin Fenix 5x to the Tactix Delta. The Delta has some type of night vision function for use with NVG's, but I can't test it because I only have thermal.

PaulR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
[laugh]
I went to the bank drive thru two weeks ago to cash in a bunch of checks. Got a wad of 20's since no one likes hundreds any more.
At the time I didn't feel like stuffing the cash envelope in my pocket while I was driving, so I tossed it in the truck console.
FF to today I'm cleaning out my truck console, HEY! cool! look at all this money!! [laugh]

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have two banks. The app for one recognizes everything on the front of the check and automatically fills in the values, etc. That one usually clears within two days.
This bank makes me fill in everything, then takes up to a week to clear.
How do I speak to the manager?
you have to go all "Karen" on them

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
nah, no good. any pirate from somalia or a piss poor fisherman from a host of 3rd and 4th world shit holes can relate to this. nice try, though. a better 1st world boating post would be your multi million dollar yacht dropped a prop while moored off monaco.

TrashcanDan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Satellite radio in the shop lost signal and went silent.
Had to walk ALL THE WAY to my truck and turn on that sat radio to see if it was the signal.
Then had to walk ALL THE WAY back to the shop.
Had to LITERALLY unplug, then plug in the power source.
Life is so unfair sometimes.

gxx9sdb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Apparently Corona also killed customer service. Every company be like, “Send is an email and we’ll get back to you in 7 weeks.” Well, I got a lot to complain about and your chat bot is not cutting it!

Top Bottom