First-World Problem Horror Stories

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
I had a true First-World Tragedy, today.

Someone at work brought in a six-pack of Creme Brulee, today. This is one of my favorites.
I looked forward to it, all day, to have with a nice cup of coffee, in the afternoon.

The. Damned. Butane. Torch. Would. NOT. Light!

I had to eat it, without caramelizing the sugar. [crying]

A true First-World disaster.

Anybody else have a Tale of Woe and Sorrow, of equal (or greater) importance, that they're willing to share? [laugh]

The things that we Americans think are problems.....

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
lets go one step more retarded....

The panel bulb behind the ventilation/heated seat control on the passenger side has burned out after 271000 miles of service, woe is me I think the entire car is likely unusable at this point. [rofl]
20191016_200219.jpg

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
Costco, apparently. They got it for a dinner party, but apparently, "There was too much food," so it was offered up at the Communal Gorging Trough.

I'd rate it highly (I can't give a x/10 rating, because of...well, you now....the sugar); I've had ones that were not as good in restaurants.

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Steering wheel heater? And I thought heated seats were Foo-Foo...
I would say that a heated steering wheel is overkill, but in my experience, it would have been a godsend in my old Superduty's. The wheel in those things took forever to warm up, even with the heat on vent and two vents pointed directly at the wheel.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I would say that a heated steering wheel is overkill, but in my experience, it would have been a godsend in my old Superduty's. The wheel in those things took forever to warm up, even with the heat on vent and two vents pointed directly at the wheel.
I thought the same until it happened to be equipped on the used car I wanted. It’s awesome.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I got a minor cold this week, which made me miss my Tuesday bicycle ride, and the rain will get tomorrow's ride cancelled. To top it off, while sick, I have been looking at different PCCs, and now I don’t know which one to buy! [sad]

bandaid bandit

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I had a serious one this week. The Delta 1 class flight to SFO this week ran out of the beef entree. I was stuck with the grilled chicken salad and that does NOT go well with the Woodford Reserve.
That just means you haven’t had enough Woodford Reserve, though I am more of an Elijah Craig fan myself.

That said, I have run out of my preferred Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, and have only been able to find the regular stuff.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That just means you haven’t had enough Woodford Reserve, though I am more of an Elijah Craig fan myself.

That said, I have run out of my preferred Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, and have only been able to find the regular stuff.
Dammit. Now I have another problem, they only serve woodford reserve iin Delta 1. Now all I'm going to be able to think about on my flight home tomorrow is how I can't order an Eligah Craig at 37,000 feet. It's like the terrorists won.

Evadd

NES Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
My steering wheel heater turns off by itself after 30 minutes. My typical commute is ~1hr 5mins so some days I have to press the button 3 goddamned times.
My old car had a heated steering wheel - my new one does not. I keep looking for the button as the temps drop only to be disappointed each time. My fingers are cold. [laugh]

Top Bottom