• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First Trip to the Range!!

Took the my first trip to the range with that new special someone yesterday, and it looks like she had a good time and I'll be allowed to keep all my toys. In no time she was hitting clays that had been layed against the back berm at 100+ yards with one shot each. Both the Dissipator AR and the SOCOM 16 made a fine showing and she was dialed in after a few shots. Maybe I have to buy a shotgun now, someone seems interested in Trap and Skeet...

gallery1.jpg

gallery2.jpg

gallery3.jpg

gallery4.jpg

gallery5.jpg

Nice to see somebody was shooting my guns this summer. [smile]

Hope it was treating you well with different mags. The waffle one looks positively badass.

Chris

Actually, the waffle thermo ones are AMAZING. Got them at Four Seasons, they absolutely GLIDE into the mag well. Way better than any metal mags, and cheap as hell to. I highly recommend. Yeah, your rifle was proved to be quite the shooter, and it def. gets some looks at my range since no one has pre-ban stuff. Glad I bought it!

Good to hear on the mags. After I get some kind of increased revenue stream working for me one of the first things on my list is to build that gun again.

Yeah

Yeah, she had a blast, she definitely loved the AR. The SOCOM is more of an acquired taste, the kick and sound is a bit more, and the trigger is a bit rough. At least .223 ammo is cheaper than .308, so I won't complain about her choice. Plus thanks to Crak, the trigger is nice and sweet, whole thing is a dream. And the EOTech with AA batteries is AWESOME.

We shot some handguns after, but I forgot to take pictures. Next time!

HA

Twins... I wish.... mmmmmmm.

And by the way, that is eerie... Those pics are close, I've seen that guy's work before, but wow.

Last edited:
Sweet. Those pix are hot and I'm not just talking about your rilfes.

I gotta get my bride back to the range. She's a real good shot, just not really a "shooter". Maybe take a few pix of her shooting too. Of course most of my rifles are all .30-06. She might not be smiling after. ;-)

Sweet. Those pix are hot and I'm not just talking about your rilfes.

I gotta get my bride back to the range. She's a real good shot, just not really a "shooter". Maybe take a few pix of her shooting too. Of course most of my rifles are all .30-06. She might not be smiling after. ;-)

I shot my Mosin Nagant in front of my wife once....she dosen't even want to SEE me shoot it again [rofl]

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

lol

I'm still trying to find a way to drag my wife to the range... don't think I'll ever get her shooting anything more then a .22 IF I get her to go.

Ha!! Don't worry, we are both a few years into the legal drinking age!! Last night a waitress asked us if we were old enough to require a wine list, hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom