• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First trip out

Hit the pond today for the first time this year. Pretty windy but the fishing itch was to bad to not scratch. My dad and I caught a few so it was a good first time out
aza2aju6.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yeah we were glad to get out. That is my dad in the photo. It's awesome to be out on the pond with him... Even if we aren't catching

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My son is 9. As we were wrapping up, he said we needed to hit another one of our ponds since we struck out today. I mentioned that a bad day fishing is better than a good day at school. He looked at me, and said "duh!"

Nice. Way too windy out here, but Quabbin opens next Saturday.

Last edited:
I don't care whatever the law is, and am not telling you what to do. But considering the water temperature you might want to wear PFDs the whole time. Cold water will suck the strength out of you quick. I lost a friend fishing the CT river this time of year. Awesome that you were out there with your dad that is some precious stuff.

I had told myself I'd head over to Whiting's Pond today as they stocked it a few weeks ago. My boys (8 & 6 yo) said they wanted to go too. Then saw that it never got above 50° or so.. with the wind, it was too cold. They would've been miserable. At least when its warm, they can go play in the sand.

Back
Top Bottom