• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First-time gun buyers projected to top 8M: Smith & Wesson - Women are making up 40% of new buyers

Reptile

NES Member
Background checks, a metric for gun sales, are hitting an all-time high in 2020, and nearly half of the purchases being made this year are by first-time firearm owners, firearm manufacturer Smith & Wesson said Thursday.
To date, nearly 8 million Americans have already decided to "exercise their Second Amendment rights for the first time," chief executive Mark Smith told analysts in an earnings call.
For their findings, the company cited data from the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), which estimated that 40% of the tens of thousands of firearm purchases in 2020 are coming from first-time owners.

Smith noted that these new purchases are further "broadening and diversifying" its consumer base and are an indicator of the long-term vitality of the industry as a whole.

Smith said NSSF data indicated that "women are making up 40% of new buyers and overall firearm purchases by African Americans are outpacing all other demographics with 58% growth in the first half of the year alone through June."

I find these statistics to be astounding.

These new gun owners will help our cause and preserve the 2a.

While I am sure many women are arming up, I wonder how many are guys with questionable pasts using their squeaky-clean women to get some firearms in the house. Either way, carry on!

Back
Top Bottom