• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First time buying and the proposed AWB....

Buy anything that has a detachable mag. Buy them all the time, with mags and ammo. Don't discriminate. AR, AK, FAL, PTR, CETME, HK91, SL8, Mini-14, PSL, M1A, Saiga 12, pistol caliber carbine....you get the idea.

That's the best advice.

And I agree, 18" is the magic number. My brain is off tonight. I seriously need some range time.

the M&P Sport is .22 LR isnt it? not that there is anything wrong with that, affordable. Ive seen a couple of them, but why not spend the money for .223?

No. Its a stripped down cut rate .223 AR that performs like guns costing more.

In short:

1) no dust cover
2) no forward assist
3) bbl is melonited inside and out, which combined with the plain muzzle seems to have made for an unreasonably accurate rifle.
4) Standard car type grip, a4 upper, fake telescoping stock.

Prior to craziness you could get one for $650, complete with the S&W lifetime service policy. Quite a deal.

The free state ones come iwth a telescoping stock and threaded bbl with an A2 flash hider.

No. Its a stripped down cut rate .223 AR that performs like guns costing more.

In short:

1) no dust cover
2) no forward assist
3) bbl is melonited inside and out, which combined with the plain muzzle seems to have made for an unreasonably accurate rifle.
4) Standard car type grip, a4 upper, fake telescoping stock.

Prior to craziness you could get one for $650, complete with the S&W lifetime service policy. Quite a deal.

The free state ones come iwth a telescoping stock and threaded bbl with an A2 flash hider.

Yup, like I've said numerous times, I love mine. It is so reliable I couldn't get it to jam with any ammunition. A quad rail and Magpul CTR stock I put on made it even better! I can't believe I saw a NIB one sell for $1850 on Gunbroker today. Seriously, WT****ing****.

Yup, like I've said numerous times, I love mine. It is so reliable I couldn't get it to jam with any ammunition. A quad rail and Magpul CTR stock I put on made it even better! I can't believe I saw a NIB one sell for $1850 on Gunbroker today. Seriously, WT****ing****.

wow that is absurd. things like that make me doubtful on buying. when a $600-700 rifle is selling for double and triple their value. it really is nerve racking. a friend of mine picked up a stripped DPMS AR for $1500 a couple weeks ago.

wow that is absurd. things like that make me doubtful on buying. when a $600-700 rifle is selling for double and triple their value. it really is nerve racking. a friend of mine picked up a stripped DPMS AR for $1500 a couple weeks ago.

Keep looking... I just bought a custom AR from an NES member. 14.5" Ranier ultra match barrel, Gieselle trigger, Magpul flip up sites, MagPul stock and Quad rail, ambi slide release,MagPul enhanced trigger guard, and an awesome red dot that co-witness with the flip up sights. And he threw in a case and hicap mag for $1500 bucks. This freakin AR is so awesome it makes the other AR's in the safe jealous.

Keep looking and be patient

Back
Top Bottom