First they come for the guns, then the ammo...

allen-1

NES Member

When an 18-year-old shooter arrived last week at Robb Elementary School, in Uvalde, Texas — where he ultimately killed 21 people, including 19 children and two teachers — he carried 1,657 rounds of ammunition, authorities said.

The large number of rounds should not come as a surprise, experts told ABC News. The tragedy drew renewed scrutiny to a collection of state and national laws that regulate ammunition less tightly than firearms, despite the vital role played by ammunition in mass shootings, experts said.

A shooter at a Las Vegas music festival, in 2017, who killed 59, had at least 1,600 rounds. A shooter at an elementary school in Sandy Hook, Connecticut, in 2012, who killed 27, had more than 1,700 rounds of ammunition at his home. And a shooter at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, also in 2012, who killed 12, had bought more than 6,000 rounds, officials said.

"The same group standing in the way of gun safety reform is standing in the way of ammunition reform," said Ari Freilich, the state policy director at Giffords Law Center.

Some ammunition-related bills have been introduced in Congress. The Age 21 Act, put forward by Senator Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., would raise the minimum age for buying assault rifles and high-capacity magazines from 18 to 21. Meanwhile, a bill in the House would require a license for all ammunition sellers and mandate that all ammunition sales take place in person.

Experts said that meaningful reform of ammunition laws is unlikely in the short term, but some said that incidents like the mass shooting in Uvalde make action more likely in the long term.

"A lot of people have woken up to how senselessly, dangerously reckless our lack of protections currently are," Freilich said.

I'm guessing as a reloader, I'm an "unlicensed ammunition manufacturer" in their eyes.

I'm also guessing/hoping that this would give them apoplexy:

IMG_1256.jpg

They want it to be like the UK where you have to be licensed and give a valid reason for buying ammo and be limited to certain # rounds per
Month/year.

I hope the average NES member doesn't commit a crime or a lot of heads will explode when they see the ammo that person has at home.

If they didn't keep trying to screw us all the time we wouldn't have the cycle of panic buying due to elections, import bans, etc. and it wouldn't be necessary to stockpile mountains of ammo.

If they didn't keep trying to screw us all the time we wouldn't have the cycle of panic buying due to elections, import bans, etc. and it wouldn't be necessary to stockpile mountains of ammo.
That they try to screw us all the time is a given. Jack.

My presses are in GA, I'm in CT. I load extra during the winter to bring up here for the summer. I brought about 8,000 rounds with me. Mostly 9mm, (the kind that doesn't blow out a lung), some .38spcl, .357sig, .358mag and .45ACP.

I picked up 2700 rounds of .22 this past week because I shoot .22 up here and my shelf was getting light.

I hope the average NES member doesn't commit a crime or a lot of heads will explode when they see the ammo that person has at home.
Way back in 1998, Four Seasons ran case-lot sales for prices that people today would never believe. I remember when Carl used a hand-cart to wheel out 4 cases (4000 rds) of ammo to my car. 9mm, .45ACP, .223 and .40S&W. I used to shoot probably 3-400 rds/week at my club. All that ammo is long gone, as are the prices!

Way back in 1998, Four Seasons ran case-lot sales for prices that people today would never believe. I remember when Carl used a hand-cart to wheel out 4 cases (4000 rds) of ammo to my car. 9mm, .45ACP, .223 and .40S&W. I used to shoot probably 3-400 rds/week at my club. All that ammo is long gone, as are the prices!

It wasn't that many years ago - OK, it was 1999 or so - when AK ammo was $80/K. Now, that's like $200 in today's dollars. But people would KILL for $200 cases of AK ammo right now.

It wasn't that many years ago - OK, it was 1999 or so - when AK ammo was $80/K. Now, that's like $200 in today's dollars. But people would KILL for $200 cases of AK ammo right now.
1991 you could get the x39 non corrosive hunting ammo for about $65/1000 the corrosive stuff was often free with purchase of a $80-$110 x39 semi auto rifle in several flavors.

Back
Top Bottom