• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First there was one Mosin...

NOW I WANT MORE! Amazing how that seems to work...

Just picked up a 91/30 1943 Izhevsk and realized that it is only the start of what I would like to have. So whats next? I would like to stay on the lower end of the price scale to start as I am going to be in the process of building a house shortly.. (I now know where my overtime $$$ will be going). So just looking for some suggestions on what else to look into and things like that...

O ya and here are some pics

IMAG0219.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg

IMAG0221.jpg

IMAG0223.jpg

IMAG0218.jpg

Re Milsurp Handguns: get a Tokarev (romanian, yugo polish, not sure it matters. a lot of people like the yugo) and stack the surplus ammo deep while you can. or buy a CZ 82. the 9X18 ammo is plentiful and cheap. if you can buy ammo on line, you can do for $11 a box delivered. you need to buy a 1000 rounds to save on shipping.. The CZ is one accurate shooter! The tokarev is just fun! it is like the Mosin of pistols. I don't know how many people wanted to know what "rifle " I was shooting at the range and saw the TOK Hangun.

Re "Milsurp Rifles. Yugo and CZ Mausers are still cheaper (not Mosin territory but under $250- $300) but I personally like the action and shooting it a little more. The ammo is still available in surplus.

SKSs are also one of my favorites but the prices are rapidly hitting $300+ on any country you look at. Ammo is plentiful and not corrosive with 7.62X39

If you want to go higher end, get a CMP Garand while you can. They will eventually be gone, the price will go up, and everyone will want to know why they did not by 5 more. (like me now with my 1 CMP Carbine). Ammo is not cheap compared to the others.

and DO NOT get your C&R if you want to save money. I save money on every transaction but buy a heck of a lot more guns than i ever thought i would. By the way, I love my C&R license.

Last edited:
Is a nagant revolver worth picking up while they are cheap?

Oh and I do have my C&R.... I already knew I was going to be in trouble...

Last edited:
Ammo is expensive and hard to come by for the Nagant. You can have one shipped to your house for about $130 without the hand pick.. Collectables in Merrimack NH has 3-4 in the case to choose from for $139.99. no handpick needed.

for the price, why not?

I would recommend a CZ -82 as more useable ,more fun to shoot gun and cheaper ammo.

Last edited:
A non-refurbished Finn capture M91/30 is always nice to have. It's a direct descendent of the Winter and/or Continuation Wars that won't set you back a lot of money, usually around $150 or so.

And you are done for, sir. Just thought I'd confirm that for you.

I would like to find a Finn one somewhere... the ones I have seen have amazing stocks...

I have also found somewhere selling Austrian M95/34's for $110... anyone have one?

Definitely look at the CZ-82 pistol - ammo is relatively inexpensive, the action is as smooth as pistols many times the price, and it is quite accurate. Also, the grip is terrific, and it has a standard high-cap mag.

Ammo is expensive and hard to come by for the Nagant. You can have one shipped to your house for about $130 without the hand pick.. Collectables in Merrimack NH has 3-4 in the case to choose from for $139.99. no handpick needed.

for the price, why not?

I would recommend a CZ -82 as more useable ,more fun to shoot gun and cheaper ammo.

I did find some Nagant ammo online. Found a place that had it in stock as most were out, or wanted to sell you an entite spam can of surplus for $500+ Ended up costing me about $60 for 100 rounds shipped for Privi. 7.62x38. Should have it on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I suggest buying a Nagant pistol while you still can. They used to be 50 bucks and now as they dry up the cost goes up. Yes ammo is expensive, HotShot still makes it as well as prvi .

I like taking one out once in awhile to shoot. Its a very uniquely designed pistol. It is one of the only pistols that it is said can truly be 'silenced' due to the design.

Remember when CZ52 pistols were everywhere and 7.62x25 was 80 bucks for 1200 rounds. NOT anymore.

I just got some mil surp Nagant ammo. I'm curious to see how it feels compared to the commercial "target" ammo

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom