First Steel Challenge Competition Last Night - Won't be the last!

Well, I finally got over the inertia of just shooting paper targets one at a time last night with my S&W 617 and went to a .22 Steel Challenge match at MRA.

I was the only guy shooting a wheelgun, which means I won my division at least! [smile]

Honestly though, I had a tough go with the first few rounds of the first stage shooting double-action. My nerves might have been getting to me. The guys running the match (and spectating) were patient and offered pointers and were generally great all around. I finished out the first stage shooting single-action just to get some confidence back.

By the time the second stage came around an hour and a half later (there were a TON of people there last night), I had settled down a bit and did that stage all double-action and actually pulled out some 5 and 6 second times.

I would have loved to stay for the third stage, but I can't imagine the match ended before 10:30pm.

So, thanks to all who ran/attended the match. I'll definitely be back, and I'll be working on my double-action trigger pull in the meantime. [wink]

Well, I finally got over the inertia of just shooting paper targets one at a time last night with my S&W 617 and went to a .22 Steel Challenge match at MRA.

I was the only guy shooting a wheelgun, which means I won my division at least! [smile]

Honestly though, I had a tough go with the first few rounds of the first stage shooting double-action. My nerves might have been getting to me. The guys running the match (and spectating) were patient and offered pointers and were generally great all around. I finished out the first stage shooting single-action just to get some confidence back.

By the time the second stage came around an hour and a half later (there were a TON of people there last night), I had settled down a bit and did that stage all double-action and actually pulled out some 5 and 6 second times.

I would have loved to stay for the third stage, but I can't imagine the match ended before 10:30pm.

So, thanks to all who ran/attended the match. I'll definitely be back, and I'll be working on my double-action trigger pull in the meantime. [wink]

I may bring my 617 next time so there will be two in the division . You did a fine job it's such a low pressure match no need to be nervous but at least the first one is out of the way

Dam I did not realize they had a .22 match going on last night. I will be sure to make it to the next one. Glad you had fun!

Dam I did not realize they had a .22 match going on last night. I will be sure to make it to the next one. Glad you had fun!

Thanks to the MRA "EBlast", for the heads-up on this one!

Though there was a stretch of time in November/December when I showed up at an Eblast advertised time for a centerfire rifle pin shoot, and it turned out to be a falling steel match. I wasn't the only one. It happened on a couple of other events as well, being out of sync with the emails.

It got sorted out though.

Back
Top Bottom