• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First Rifle/Pistol for 13 Year Old Daughter?

I'll add my recommendation for the Walther P22 if you want a handgun.

It's significantly smaller and lighter than a normal semi-auto and is a blast to shoot. The laser (about $80-90) also adds a lot of entertainment value. The size and weight are great for smaller/feminine hands.

Both my daughter and wife shoot one of these...
(note: the carbon fiber is a simulated carbon fiber overlay, and is no longer produced but may still be available .... there are also several other variations to pick from)...

Walther_P22_CF_3_tLargeWebview.jpg

The ladies in my life, love these guns!

For the rifle, I'd also add my support for a 10/22...you can't go wrong.

I would opt for a bolt myself as I remember growing up that's what most of the kid's at pre teen or teenage started with,but I'll add my .02 here why not a Thompson Center Contender? Can go from a 22 Rf to say 223 in about a minute and can be had with a youth length stock.
If a pump 22 is your quest Remington still makes one handles 22 short,long and long rifle. Plan on getting one myself this year hopefully.

I would opt for a bolt myself as I remember growing up that's what most of the kid's at pre teen or teenage started with,but I'll add my .02 here why not a Thompson Center Contender? Can go from a 22 Rf to say 223 in about a minute and can be had with a youth length stock.
If a pump 22 is your quest Remington still makes one handles 22 short,long and long rifle. Plan on getting one myself this year hopefully.

The TC is a great idea.

It will be a great starter, but the only thing she'll obsolete as she grows is the youth stock. Not even that if she's small in stature.

The TC is a great idea.

It will be a great starter, but the only thing she'll obsolete as she grows is the youth stock. Not even that if she's small in stature.
That's the beauty of T/Cs forearms and stocks are easily changed with just a screwdriver or allen wrench.

I started with a Marlin 25N .22LR and I really like it, fairly well made, bolt action, put a little scope on it, now I am thinking about getting a ruger 10/22 for the wife to shoot and to take to an appleseed, the marlin does have a bit of a sticky safety (takes some force to click it to fire) but it's a nice little bolt action.

but... can't go wrong with a ruger 10/22 or a MkI, II, III

Back
Top Bottom