• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First of the Season USPSA Sunny Cape Cod

I won't be there... My wifes 30th B-day is on Monday so her family is having a party for her. I did get some practice in during the week which was great!!! I will def. be at Harvard next Sunday even though it is the day before my 30th B-day...

Pete

PistolPete said:
I won't be there... My wifes 30th B-day is on Monday so her family is having a party for her. I did get some practice in during the week which was great!!! I will def. be at Harvard next Sunday even though it is the day before my 30th B-day...

Pete

Hey Pete, tell her Happy Birthday. We share the same day. (Except I am a little older [grin]

So how was the match today??? I can't believe it missed it. However, the Bass River matches are VERY far from my house so on those weekends I'll most likely end up in Westfield. Westfield will be about an hour and 20 minutes where Bass River is about 2.5 hours.

Pete

I thought that the Bass River boys put on another great match. 4 stages. 3 good field courses. Although a couple stages might have been a bit too long for a guy who's about to turn 30.

Isn't it good to know that you can pick and choose between two good clubs?

It was an awesome day for a match and the match was really good. Like Dan said, there was a lot of good movement. It was good in that whenever there was a place to sprint, there were a few tough targets waiting for you at the end or ones you could move right past.

I love playing in the sand down there.

My match started out great. My first two stages were pretty good. Then I coughed up a couple fur balls and tanked the last two. I started on Stage 3. My stage 2 was a disaster!

Dan,
If a couple stages were long for someone about to turn 30, would the over 50 guys need a 4 wheeler to do them? :)
I plan on being at Harvard this coming Sunday. Pray for no mud.

Nah, the over 50 guys need no help. They rely on cunning and treachery. Pete's too young to have mastered those skills yet.

Dan S said:
Dan,
If a couple stages were long for someone about to turn 30, would the over 50 guys need a 4 wheeler to do them? :)
I plan on being at Harvard this coming Sunday. Pray for no mud.

Not to worry, we had a FOG squad. We sailed through and didn't have one whiner [grin]

I was disappointed that Moony didn't bring my birthday cake

Regards,

Well I may be turning 30 but I guess the guys that don't know me and see me shooting think I'm still a junior... LOL I def. don't look anything around 30. I guess that is a good thing???

Glad the match went well and I'm dying to shoot Sunday at Harvard.

Steve,

Do you want me to bring my rifle with me on Sunday so you can try it out?

Pete

Round Gun Shooter said:
Not to worry, we had a FOG squad. We sailed through and didn't have one whiner [grin]

I was disappointed that Moony didn't bring my birthday cake

Regards,
Gary,
What's a FOG squad?

I can vouch that Pete looks young enough to get carded at an R-rated movie.

I'll let you know on Harvard. House-stuff is making my schedule uncertain.

PistolPete said:
Well I may be turning 30 but I guess the guys that don't know me and see me shooting think I'm still a junior... LOL I def. don't look anything around 30. I guess that is a good thing???

Pete
Pete,
I consider anyone with over a 4 digit USPSA membership # a new comer! If you want, I'll toss my Super X in the car, let you see a real steel and wood gun....LOL

I'm a def. newcomer then... LOL I would love to see what a wooden gun looks like. HEHE

Steve,

Have you found a location yet for you house? Isn't it so much fun? haha Just wait till you have one you'll see how much work it requires.

They are actually in the middle of framing the second floor. It is fun but it is really intruding on my shooting, which is annoying.

Hamar, did you guys get any good video from the match?

GTOShootr said:
They are actually in the middle of framing the second floor. It is fun but it is really intruding on my shooting, which is annoying.

Hamar, did you guys get any good video from the match?

Well??? Where are the pics?

the stages weren't too long for someone about to turn 33, and carrying a few too many prime ribs around his waist
As I explained, round is a far more aerodynamic shape than the flat stomached skinny guys have, therefore I can move through stages faster.

You should write that down.

You won't get tips like that from the book writing GM's

Matt,
Lot's of the older Grand Masters aren't too skinny anymore. Robbie was never really skinny, not like Brian. Todd Jarret isn't a small person either. Of the shooters that have been it a long time, Burner and Doug Koenig were the ones that were thin.
Going to Harvard on Sunday?

Hamar said:
[puke2]

Thats all I have to say about that.................

Steve, the only video we got was of me puking on my foot joys........

You didn't beat me by much. I will try harder next time maybe a little faster foot work will help or a few less A hits

who does the scores for Bass river?

I think I F***ed up when I filled in the score sheet.

You would think I would get it right by now!

They got me shooting Minor ( U ).

Should be Major ( B )

Thanks for those who might be doing the scores.

I was shooting with the FOG squad, and I had a good time. We had some laughs, everybody pitched in, and we moved quickly through the stages. The guys on the squad could not have been more helpful, and they helped me shoot my best score yet.

I cant make Harvard next week, and the Manville match is on Easter Sunday, and that is already causing fricton on the home front.

Back
Top Bottom