First New gun purchase

The m&p , the ppk will most likely not work, they jam jam jam jam, only good ppk is the older imported guns

Again please do not buy the ppk

Welcome to NES. I think the general consensus will be that the M&P will be far more reliable and is very accurate. However, the trigger pull on a new M&P is really heavy, so most people recommend having a trigger job done. Cost for the trigger job is generally around 100 bucks.

If I can, I'm going toss a different idea into the mix.

Get the m&p 40 range kit. 40 ammo seems to be readily available now compared to 9mm. You can also get the storm lake conversion barrel to make it 9mm later. This will give you more options down the road!

I wish I knew this before I got my m&p9, but otherwise I am happy with the pistol

Why are those the only two options? I'd take the M&P over the PPK if both are new. Depending on your body type and how you intend to carry, there are probably other equal or better options.

consider the Walther PPS 40 or 9, I have put over 800 rounds through my PPS and not one failure, and it gives you the same advantages of the PPK as far as width and it is a bit lighter in weight. Like the S&W you will have to adjust the trigger pull some, unless you have naturally strong hands & fingers, and you have plenty of holster alternatives for CC options.

just remember, practice practice practice, draw draw draw!!!!! does no good if you can't get it out of your holster in less than 1.5 seconds.

Just another opinion...and you know what those are like........[smile]

If I can, I'm going toss a different idea into the mix.

Get the m&p 40 range kit. 40 ammo seems to be readily available now compared to 9mm. You can also get the storm lake conversion barrel to make it 9mm later. This will give you more options down the road!

I wish I knew this before I got my m&p9, but otherwise I am happy with the pistol

This. Wish I had done this with my Sig.

I just picked up a m&p 40c and it's a little big for a concealed carry everyday weapon, I'd recommend a bodyguard 380 or a sig p238

Haha I don't know where your from but I'm in MA and people sucks. People notice a handle and all a sudden your getting arrested, it sucks

I am in Mass, feel your pain, and have carried the following over last 7 years without issue:
Glock 22, 23, 26, 27, Sig 226, s&w Sigma (it was a dark point in my life), m&p 9, 45, and full size 1911.

this. looking into the m&p 9 range kit myself.

Get the 9mm Range kit, great deal with extra mag's, and speed loader. Have not used the OWB holster. If you are going to CCW the full size 9mm, suggest a Crossbreed Super Tuck IWB holster. Have one for 9mm Shield, and full size 9mm. The Belt is also an important investment for CCW. Crossbreed is a little pricey, but comfortable, and well built, no problems, or regrets on purchases. They do have a "Seconds" site, my full size 9mm super tuck was $40.00 vers $88.00 shipped. Get the M&P and get it to Lou at BEC for a trigger job, let me know if you need his info.

Good Luck

1st rule of carry concealed: dress accordingly to your gun. Different situations will call for different attire. You either adjust the attire to the gun you want to carry or adjust the gun you carry for the attire you want to wear. Choose wisely.

2nd rule of carry concealed: carry what is comfortable. It you cannot carry the gun comfortably all day, you will likely stop carrying it. A good holster will make a huge difference. Even a .380 is better than nothing. Again choose wisely.

3rd rule of carry concealed: practice with every gun you carry. God forbid you are ever in a life and death situation, you want to be prepared. The thousands of times you worked on shot placement, a quick draw, quick reload and a smooth trigger finger just may save your life or the life of others.

Molon labe

Hey! No one asked how much $$$$ he has? 1st really important question. Why would you buy a 50,000 lb m&p trigger composite gun, when you could carry an alloy frame officer 1911 with commander slide, or a super carry bobtail classic commander, maybe alloy frame or not? That's the elite carry gun. A 1911 45. Match it up with a crossbreed supertuck and your golden!
8a5emu7u.jpg

There's mine! And I also own an m&p 9, shield 40, bodyguard 380 auto, and a bodyguard 38. So, I got the whole mix. And nothing touches the 1911. Slim and packs a punch! Sexy too. Tritiums, custom vz grips, and ported/tunnel cut slide and guide rod.

Back
Top Bottom