First MA buck of the year

Nice deer. In 51 years living in mASS, I've seen probably thousands of does. I've seen a grand total of one buck.

My neighbor hunts behind the houses. Says he runs the trail cams and see does all day long. No bucky, no lucky.

This was my best mass buck for sure. I see way more does than bucks but do see a good amount of small bucks.

Thanks guys! I shot a doe opening day so this is #2 for the year. Good start to the year so I cant complain. 5 more doe tags and 1 more buck tag to go :) One of the places I hunt is basically a depredation hunt so I shoot every doe that presents a shot. I have a few friends who are more than happy with extra meat or even a whole deer if I get lucky. Last year was 6 deer with 3 donated to groups or friends. Now I have to be strong and not shoot a forky or other small buck with only 1 buck tag left. Not complaining though, that's a good problem to have :)

Nice shot placement!
Would love to know the details. How far away was he when you shot him? What were you hunting with? Did you have much trouble finding him after you shot him?

Congrats on a nice buck!

Last edited:
Fencer, 15 yards. Bow. Great blood trail but I only got 1 lung (hard quartering away). We jumped him 2 hours after the shot, backed out and came back 2 hours later and found him 40-50 yards from where we bumped him.

Fixxah, this may give a better representation of body size.

Attachments

• 4B7AC822-9127-450C-828A-A565E441B735.jpeg
    4B7AC822-9127-450C-828A-A565E441B735.jpeg
    625 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom