• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FIRST LOOK: SilencerCo Non-NFA Maxim 9 Is the ‘Quietest Pistol Ever’

mikeyp

NES Member
silencerco-non-nfa-maxim-9-lead.jpg

SilencerCo Non-NFA Maxim 9: FIRST LOOK at the 'Quietest Pistol Ever'

SilencerCo turned a lot of heads a few years back when it unveiled the integrally suppressed Maxim 9 pistol. It was unique across the board, from design to performance. Fast forward to 2019 and we have the exclusive on the next rabbit SilencerCo is pulling from its proverbial hat: the all-new SilencerCo Non-NFA Maxim 9.

SilencerCo Non-NFA Maxim 9 Details
Due to its integral suppression, the original Maxim 9 is an NFA item. As the name — which isn’t official — would suggest, the new Maxim 9 is a non-NFA item. What changed? Well, for starters, the new pistol is not integrally suppressed. No, instead SilencerCo designed the non-NFA Maxim 9 from the outset to be suppressed. This resulted in what the manufacturer says “could be the quietest suppressed pistol ever created.”

During an exclusive sneak peek, SilencerCo told us to think of the new pistol as a “suppressor host.”

The “silence” comes from SilencerCo’s unique delayed blowback design, which has several advantages. For starters, the design pushes gases forward out of the barrel resulting in significantly less port noise and gasses coming back at shooter.

The new non-NFA version also has a fixed barrel, so there’s no need to run pistons or boosters on suppressors. The fixed barreled also means the front of pistol doesn’t move so sights and optics stay on target better. Overall, there’s less impact on dot-type optics. The threaded fixed barrel can also accept direct thread and tri-lug attachment types.

Then there’s the trigger. SilencerCo completely re-engineered the trigger so it has a better feel and response than the original NFA version of the Maxim 9. On top of that, the pistol features easy disassembly for cleaning and accepts Glock 17 magazines.

And that’s all we currently have. No MSRP or release date is available, but we’ll keep you updated when we have more. Until then, keep your eyes on SilencerCo.com.

To bad it’s a shit pistol. I feel like the point of owning a pistol with a magazine is for it to be more than a single shot. I have come to hate SiCo.

Yup. But if it's accurate, has decent ergonomics, and the price point is even CLOSE to reasonable sounds like a perfect bedside gun. I'd probably buy two. In Tennessee. And tell Maura to "pucker".

It’s actually none of those things. Buy a good host and get a solid suppressor like a DAA Wolfman.

It’s actually none of those things. Buy a good host and get a solid suppressor like a DAA Wolfman.
Well, since my experience with them is admittedly limited to the above post, sounds like there are better ways to spend my money. But I do like the idea of suppressed bedside guns. Once I get outta this commie state that is:)

And after seeing @Steyr_AUG's pics, I retract my original interest. I have better looking cinder blocks in my yard. That rifle looks dumber than my old Gen 1 Hi-point.

Haters gonna hate:rolleyes:. That exquisite piece of 9mm Austrian engineering is worth 14 hipoint 995s.

Good call on the Maxim though...

Back
Top Bottom