• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First It's Gun Shows, now It's Parties..

Well, I guess that the police wanted to do checks on people buying guns in VA.

Now Boston wants the liquor stores to call the police as soon as someone buys a keg.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=101348a

So, I understand the thoughts behind this, but this effects everyone.

If you are having a labor day party, or a Superbowl party. You're expecting a lot of people. You are going to get a visit by the police to make sure that you're not out of hand.

I have friends that have kegarators. So every couple of weeks when they get it refilled, they are going to be getting a how-d-do from the local LEOs. Just to make sure someone isn't getting out of hand at dinner with with their nightly glass of Sam.

Now, do you need a $100 permit every 6 years to purchase a keg? And would that be a class A or B? Perhaps a class B LTP (License to Party) means that you can't have more than 10 people over to help drink it?

Yeesh.

Ross

This state is slipping further and furter in to communism.......

I'm literally at a loss for words. :x

Kegs

If parties start getting pre-emptive visits from police, all this is going to do is increase the litter problem as parties shift to bottles and cans.

I'm speechless. This state goes to great lengths to control everything. The sheep really need to wake up. Big brother is taking over. [evil]

This is one of those "it's for the public good" invasions of our privacy that's so damn disturbing. The supposed goal of the regulation is laudable in many people's minds (those damn college kids and their damn parties at 3:00 in the morning), but if the sheeple would only scratch at the surface a bit they'd see just how damaging this policy is to individual rights. Talk about a police state! Tracking what one legally purchases on the chance that what you purchased may lead to disturbances later? What's next? Police will be notified anytime someone purchases a car with greater than 250HP because it's possible that the car may be used to exceed speed limits?

Unbelievable. That's just frightening. It seems so innocuous that most people will just ignore it, too.

The NICS check can only be around the corner. Maybe they will just add Beer to the definition of ammunition just like they did with strong seasonings (ie pepper spray)

The car analogy is too late. The state already registers every vehicle in the state. They even collect sales tax there so that even if the vehicle doesn't have to be registered (farm equipment or used only on private land) they know you have it.

A better annalogy would be to compel Home Depot to notify any large fertilizer purchases or BJ's of any large purchase of certain cold medications.

Then again, our legislators are SO AFRAID of us, maybe we should just all vote them out of office. Oh yea, stupid me - that would require the sheep to open their eyes.

"Give me a keg of beer"
"We're not hosting an intergalactic kegger down here"

dwarven1 said:
jacobtowne said:
Class B is for a low-capacity keg.

Right... don't they sell half-kegs? That's what a class B is for!

Ross

Yea, pony kegs, or quarter barrels.

Full Kegs are really Half barrels.

Anyway, that's what I've been saying. This is becoming a police state. I've been saying that for some time.

Hell, what's worse. I have friends with a Kegarator. So, every several weeks, when they pick up a keg, they are going to have the police stop over while they are having a glass of Sam during dinner.

"Hi guys, my name is Jugde Dread. I was just stopping by to see about that keg you guys bought. And I see that you guys buy one every three weeks or so. I just wanted to make sure that you weren't getting out of hand. I'll drive by later, if there's more than two cars in the drive way. I'll stop in to make sure that you all aren't getting out of hand."

And as long as we're feeding them the "it's for the public good" line, why not take care of smoking as well? After all, isn't NICS run by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms? Special licence classes for cigars and chewing tobacco issued only to those whom the local Department of Health deem to be "suitable" people. And wouldn't one case of beer a month be a perfectly reasonable safety measure? It would help to prevent people from doing straw sales to supply underage drinkers.

Ken

Does that mean they'll start a new phone check system? Hmmm...they could call it a DICK check - Department of Inebreation Check of Kegs.... or sumpthin along those lines. [roll]

Pilgrim said:
Like legally buying a gun and having it recorded because you MIGHT do something wrong with it?

Exactly...and don't worry, much like with self-defense, the police will be there to protect you from drinking too much off that keg so you and your neighbors won't need to worry (because that's what the police are staffed to do, obviously). ;)

Back
Top Bottom