• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First handgun - New S&W SW22 Victory

Just got an e-mail back from S&W Customer Service:

My e-mail:

Good morning,
I had a quick question for you. Are you going to be submitting the new SW.22 Victory to be Massachusetts compliant? I was kind of hoping it would be as it looks like a great little .22. With Ruger not having any of their MK3 and 22/45 lines of guns being Mass compliant anymore it would be a great opportunity to sell a ton of these. After watching a video I was really excited especially the ease of disassembly to clean (unlike the Ruger!). I look forward to hearing from you on this issue.

Their response:

Dear Customer,
We would like to thank you for your e-mail and contacting Smith & Wesson / Thompson Center.

I am not aware of any plans at this time. Please check back with us in a few months.

Thank You for choosing Smith & Wesson / Thompson Center products. Have a great day.
Smith&Wesson values its customers and we are happy to have served you today. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.
Regards, Steve

Just got an e-mail back from S&W Customer Service:

My e-mail:

Good morning,
I had a quick question for you. Are you going to be submitting the new SW.22 Victory to be Massachusetts compliant? I was kind of hoping it would be as it looks like a great little .22. With Ruger not having any of their MK3 and 22/45 lines of guns being Mass compliant anymore it would be a great opportunity to sell a ton of these. After watching a video I was really excited especially the ease of disassembly to clean (unlike the Ruger!). I look forward to hearing from you on this issue.

Their response:

Dear Customer,
We would like to thank you for your e-mail and contacting Smith & Wesson / Thompson Center.

I am not aware of any plans at this time. Please check back with us in a few months.

Thank You for choosing Smith & Wesson / Thompson Center products. Have a great day.
Smith&Wesson values its customers and we are happy to have served you today. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.
Regards, Steve

Most shops around me are selling the Ruger MK series again. It never was removed from the EOPS list... IIRC it was some mess that Rugers lawyers started.

either way I guess it was all figured out cause they've been back on the shelves.

I've read lots of great things about them, and also that they're a pain to disassemble. Of course, that's not a reason in itself to reject it. The whole package of the S&W, price included, sold me.

I've never found my Ruger difficult to disassemble. Now reassembly, that's a different story.

91c44ae3b7fd2961caf0a243eff00d96.jpg

I saw one at the gun show this past weekend, wilmington, dealer could not sell it, as its not MA compliant yet.

The only reason he brought it to the show was S&W told him the testing was done and in MA hands waiting for a signature. The told him to pack it for the show and call on Friday for an update. Im sure he and S&W wanted to show it off. But the good news it seems is its in for aproval.

I saw one at the gun show this past weekend, wilmington, dealer could not sell it, as its not MA compliant yet.

The only reason he brought it to the show was S&W told him the testing was done and in MA hands waiting for a signature. The told him to pack it for the show and call on Friday for an update. Im sure he and S&W wanted to show it off. But the good news it seems is its in for aproval.
Yes!
This will be hotter than when the Sheilds became compliant. Dealers selling them for $525. NESrs selling them for $600.

Now a few years later they're $365..
Need to get in early or wait it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I plunked a $100.00 down on one 2 weeks ago at Hunters..I'm hoping its on April's roster..can't wait to pick it up.

S&W has no date for Massachusetts testing. So don't hold your breath. Fiber optic sights and 3lb trigger out of the box. I'd put this right up there with my Ruger Mark III's. Target was at 30 feet.
057d50e95578165bcd839b855be9acd2.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Was in LGS today in MA... He has one in the case and two in the safe.

He said S&W said the victory has been submitted for testing and their hoping for EOPS/ AG compliance by May. He was able to get 3 from S&W for when they get approved.

S&W said in a Facebook message the other day they haven't tested it yet and don't have plans for it as of now.

Was in LGS today in MA... He has one in the case and two in the safe.

He said S&W said the victory has been submitted for testing and their hoping for EOPS/ AG compliance by May. He was able to get 3 from S&W for when they get approved.

So he has them but cant sell them??

That would be my guess. The Victory has a 3lb pull and adjustable trigger travel out of the box. Ma law is 10 lbs. Which is ridiculous. I was lucky and able to grab one.

That would be my guess. The Victory has a 3lb pull and adjustable trigger travel out of the box. Ma law is 10 lbs. Which is ridiculous. I was lucky and able to grab one.

If it's Ma law, how is it other pistol manufacturers can sell their guns in Ma legally with much less trigger pull weights ... for example LC9S

If it's Ma law, how is it other pistol manufacturers can sell their guns in Ma legally with much less trigger pull weights ... for example LC9S
I was told that the pistol has to have a saftey feature like external saftey or magazine saftey and loaded chamber indicator and the trigger can have a lesser pull. Ex, the H&K pistols all have a saftey feature of some kind but a lower pull lb rate. They were tested in the state and passed. S&W rep told me that they have no plans to test the SW22 in Ma anytime soon. I have no idea why. It's all stupid jibberish to me.

Back
Top Bottom