First gun - vp9, fn 509 tactical, or sig 320

It has to be the RX, the top of a regular P320 slide is rounded. The only way to mount an optic is to mill. The RX is just milled at the factory. There are also companies that will mill after the fact. I think he's referring to the fact that the Glock MOS system consists of a milled slide that accepts different MOS adapter plates, each of which interfaces correctly with the slide and one optic footprint. So though the slide is milled, it is not milled to accept an optic footprint like RMR or Vortex or DeltaPoint, it is milled to accept an adapter plate. You buy (no idea what the gun comes with TBH) a plate for your preferred optic, then all three smush together. The adapter plate lets the optic sit slightly below the top of the rest of the slide, but compared to a setup with no adapter plate (like an aftermarket milled Glock slide or an P320 RX setup), it sits quite a bit higher.

edit: Keep in mind I don't own either an MOS or P320 RX, I'm going off pictures and my decision to get my G19 slide milled aftermarket as opposed to the other two (MOS and RX) that I researched when making my decision. Take my info with a shaker of salt.

Yes that’s what I meant, thanks. My G19 MOS came with a set of 4 plates. I just got the MOS cause the grip has no pinky cutout. :)

6717CD53-1B10-4F1C-8C9C-6443AD4CDEF0.jpeg VP9 is my first handgun, purchased about 4 months ago. Over 1,000 rounds in and not a single stoppage. Also quite sexy in midnight bronze.

I’m a lefty so it was a no brainer. It just fits the hand perfectly and the stock trigger is hard to beat. Paddle mag release is just as intuitive to a new shooter as a button. Learn now and enjoy the best of both worlds later.
The beefy forward serrations have allowed me to practice engaging the slide lock with my right middle finger up over the slide. I wanted an ambi gun first and foremost but don’t want to be limited in that regard.

Let us know what you decide.

I have owned 50 handguns over the last 12 years and have not met a gun I did not like.
But I have finally found what really works for me. I have 4 primary carry guns that I use depending on the circumstances.
1. Sig P938 (pocket carry)
2. H&k P30SK 9mm (most carried)
3. H&K 45
4. H&k USP 9mm (pre ban)
I have the VP9 also. It is an excellent gun but I prefer hammer fired. Try as many as you can and figure out what you can shoot best. Work on your fundementals.
Enjoy.

For EDC, my vote would be Glock 19 Generation 4 or 5 by a long shot. If you are patient, you should be able to pick one up from the Classifieds here. My nephew has a VP9. I have shot it. Very accurate, very nice trigger, well made handgun. I am with you on the Mag Release. Very awkward!

I had a Walther P99 years ago. Paddle mag release. I had no issues with it. I'm not big on mag changes anyhow, but interesting.

My wife has the VP9. Loves it.
I have the P320 full size and the subcompact kit.
I have shot her VP9 too.
I do like my P320 better. But the VP9 is a great gun too. Super easy to rack. Felt recoil is easy to control. My niece weighs about 110# soaking wet and shoots it with near zero muzzle rise.

Good luck with the 509. I came to suggest anything with pre ban hi caps.

I don't know I have the Sig P320 in Full size Compact and Subcompact it has the Apex trigger and trigger bar and like it a lot.

But I have the HK VP9 Tac and like it just as much but for different reasons.

But i am sure you can tell why I like each and the reason for liking each but differently.

20190114_193931-1.jpg 20190114_194318-1.jpg

I have owned 50 handguns over the last 12 years and have not met a gun I did not like.
But I have finally found what really works for me. I have 4 primary carry guns that I use depending on the circumstances.
1. Sig P938 (pocket carry)
2. H&k P30SK 9mm (most carried)
3. H&K 45
4. H&k USP 9mm (pre ban)
I have the VP9 also. It is an excellent gun but I prefer hammer fired. Try as many as you can and figure out what you can shoot best. Work on your fundementals.
Enjoy.

I probably carry the Smith and Wesson 642 revolver the most because it’s really small, safe (no exposed hammer) and pocket carry (I use a Clinger Holsters Comfort Cling) is so easy. I have a P238 and if the P938 is remotely as comfortable I can see why that’s your number 1 choice.

I like hammer fired for EDC too and the H&K P30SK is my most carried EDC pistol. My P30SK has the decocker so you can get one in the chamber, decock it easily so you get the first shot to be heavier like a revolver if you want (my preference) but have the capacity like any pistol (to me the best of both worlds). It’s not tiny but not huge either and built for battle.

The P30sk is my primary carry when I dont need deep concealment. The P938 is nearly identical in size to the P238. I just traded my P238 for the P938. I am very happy I did.

I’m a P238 fan and that is my EDC, but I want to try firing a 938 to see if it’s easier to control than what’s in my head. I went with the .380ACP because of the low recoil. Trying to compare that to my 92FS is just apples to oranges, but I’d like to try the 938.

I’m a P238 fan and that is my EDC, but I want to try firing a 938 to see if it’s easier to control than what’s in my head. I went with the .380ACP because of the low recoil. Trying to compare that to my 92FS is just apples to oranges, but I’d like to try the 938.
I would be happy to let you try mine if you are in Western Mass.

1. Where is that poor man's lower torso and upper thighs??? What madman removed them?????

2. Guns I didn't like??? Damn. Let me start a list. LOL. Of course "didn't like" is a tough category. It's subjective. I "didn't like" my SIG PwhatevertheWaltherPPKcloneis.(P232?) Too big for the size. Too heavy. Later I got a real Walther and I like it much better. The 2 Taurus revolvers I foolishly purchased. I've got a few 100yrold Made-in-Mass throw-away guns. Cheaper to spend $100 on a break-top Iver or whatever than $500 on a real S&W. Always odd calibers. Looses as gooses. I'm sure there are others. LOL

only one i own is the 320. still have it, going on 25 years. if i didn't like it i still wouldn't have it but i'll say this, it was a hard gun to shoot well. back it the day i was a fairly decent pistol shooter and this was a bear to master...for me anyway. long, long da pull, very mushy sa. never had it worked on, i just put up with it. but like an ugly dog, i learned to love it.
oops on me. i mis-spoke here, i meant 220, not the 320. brain fart. lets just say a malady of the aging process. 220 completely off topic here, sorry for the confusion.

If you're around north shore you can try mine out.
Recoil is non-issue even with +p ammo. Entertaining little gun.

Back
Top Bottom