• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First FA-10 Rant

radioman

NES Member
I'm right in the middle of filling out my first FA-10 form. I had to take a brake so I wouldn't tear up the form and have to go all the way back to the PD for a new one. I feel as though I need to be a calligrapher to fill this thing out. Some of the ways they want you to make the letters and numbers I have never written that way? I purchased a rifle out of state from a dealer. I haven't looked at my receipt yet but I hope he put all his numbers on it. The printing on the form is so light you can hardly see it and getting the numbers in the correct places the first time every time is all but imposable? UGG!! There's no way any machine will be able to scan this thing with out errors. They must have a procedure in place to manually go over these forms. OK back to the nightmare

Just fill it out and stop worrying about what the machine will think. It's not your problem as long as it's sent in on time.

BTW, on an out of state purchase, you DO NOT put the dealer info on the form. Just check "Register" put your info (under buyer section) and the gun info on it, and you're done.

-Mike

Thanks guys. I sent it off today. The way the cover letter was written I felt as though if I made a mistake someone would be knocking on my door!

I also took issue with the repeated use of the word "weapon" in the form. Seeing this word used in reference to my firearms made me a little POed. I was going to write on the form I don't own any weapons and send it in blank. The way this form is worded all of us should be registering our stake knives, ball bats, lamps, cars, shoes, etc....

Thanks guys. I sent it off today. The way the cover letter was written I felt as though if I made a mistake someone would be knocking on my door!

I also took issue with the repeated use of the word "weapon" in the form. Seeing this word used in reference to my firearms made me a little POed. I was going to write on the form I don't own any weapons and send it in blank. The way this form is worded all of us should be registering our stake knives, ball bats, lamps, cars, shoes, etc....

Yeah...and let's not forget that it's the Criminal History Systems Board that has our records. I take umbridge with that. [thinking]

Yeah...and let's not forget that it's the Criminal History Systems Board that has our records. I take umbridge with that. [thinking]
Me too. I don't like the fact that I have a Criminal Record and my only "crime" is owning firearms.

"Some of the ways they want you to make the letters and numbers I have never written that way?"

[laugh]

Don't fret too much on exactly replicating the way the form shows you letters and numerals. If you could see some of the FA-10 buyer copies I have, that were filled out by FFL dealers before the whole automated system came to be, you'd laught your a$$ off. Some are barely legible.

When I send my own in, and I've sent a bunch, I just make sure to take the time to go over it at least 3 times to make sure all the info is correct.

Back
Top Bottom