First Defense Shotgun Recommendations

Love mine. That being said to get this in your head it appears the American made ones (my guess, it might just be a dropped price, but the the reason I think it’s American is a new separate SKU instead of just a price drop) are going to be hitting distributors soon as there has been a noticeable price drop in cost and the minimum advertised price on a new listing of the standard model. Buds appears to have it listed already though it appears to be a sale. The new price will be closer to 1,000 than the 1100 they were.

Also Langdon Tactical has a new release of the 1301 that might suite some people’s interest and is still cheaper than most Benelli shotguns.
View attachment 350886
I have a few A400’s so I know how they run so it’s will be a great home defense shotgun just pick up a upland A400

Attachments

• E1B9446D-4630-49F3-8741-11C461EAD21B.jpeg
    E1B9446D-4630-49F3-8741-11C461EAD21B.jpeg
    369 KB · Views: 10
I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe during these unusual times. I ended up going with a Winchester SXP Defender. The price was right and it came with a pistol grip and a fiber optic front sight, and a little side picatinny rail to mount a light or laser...so the accessories were exactly what I was looking for. Thank you all for your input and have a good weekend.

I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe during these unusual times. I ended up going with a Winchester SXP Defender. The price was right and it came with a pistol grip and a fiber optic front sight, and a little side picatinny rail to mount a light or laser...so the accessories were exactly what I was looking for. Thank you all for your input and have a good weekend.

ezgif-2-5f90cc06f514.gif

Now start stocking slug and buck ammo...

If buying new, Mossberg. However, there are Winchester 1200s and 1300s around, and this is the smoothest pump I've ever encountered. And unlike the 870, it won't try to amputate your thumb when loading the tube.

Updates on the Winchester SXP Defender: Literally 0 hangups but the safety can be finicky sometimes after a full cycle (5+1 I always top it off before loading). Some people complain about the shells being hard to load, but since I've only shot this bad Larry inside and not in cold weather I haven't run into any issues in that regard. The cheek rest has risen slightly from the combined shells I have put through it, only 75 in total, 25 a while ago and 50 today, so I will take a Phillips and adjust in the rear screw. I am happy with the accuracy and function and it was definitely a solid gateway pump shotgun. I still haven't mounted a light or laser on it, the fiber optic sight has been solid. In the future I might look for a Remington 870, something with a little more heft to it so I can really "feel the steel."

Back
Top Bottom