• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First CMP order! It's here!

Serial number just showed up in the e-store. Looks like August 1941! #317747.

I asked for the lowest number available.
Nice.....the workers pulling orders don't really see much other than serial numbers when pulling orders. I requested a lat production HRA with gi wood and "original" barrel. I got a 1955 usgi wood and a lmr barrel. I'm shooting it this weekend at Hanson rod and gun cmp.

I'm glad to see so many garands also. We should really have a NES cmp shoot/match.

RM1HRAS M1 Garand HRA Service Grade
Sent application: 10/04/13
Received: 10/7/13
DBU: 10/22/13
Estore: 10/31/13

Anyone know how close they are to the estimated 7-14 after charging your card? My card got charged the other day hopefully I have it soon.

Anyone know how close they are to the estimated 7-14 after charging your card? My card got charged the other day hopefully I have it soon.
I have not been following cmp forums but it seems to be with in the 7-10 day period. Also I think CMP ships a bulk of orders on certain days, friday is rifle day I think ?

"Your order has processed and is currently awaiting shipment - shipment should normally occur in 7-14 days." This just appeared on my e-store invoice! yippie!

Let freedom PING!

Last edited:
My order finally hit the e-store. My ammo orderwas changed to shipped today. I guess they are catching up, when I placed my order it said 90-120 days for my ammo. My rifle order is in an open status. Maybe I will place another ammo order...

I paid with a money order, wish I paid with a cc so I could see when they charged it. still in open status. I did get the 600 rounds I ordered with the rifles yesterday with some used enblocs. Only got 1 SA enbloc and a few BRW, the rest were Italian or german made.

I ordered some ammo and got it a lot faster then I expected. Now just gotta wait a few days and I'll have a rifle to shoot it.

My order made it into the system on October 30th. No ship date yet obviously, but still it's progress :) So, being a complete newb to a Garand are there any accessories, other than ammo, I should consider from the CMP store? Sling, bayonet etc?

My order made it into the system on October 30th. No ship date yet obviously, but still it's progress :) So, being a complete newb to a Garand are there any accessories, other than ammo, I should consider from the CMP store? Sling, bayonet etc?

Get some grease as they like that and a sling will greatly improve accuracy but you can get them for cheaper on ebay. Bayonets are fun but I think ebay will have better prices.

No. 1 thing is more clips!

How many clips should one have per M1? Are the surplus ones on the estore ok?
if you plan on actually going to a cmp shoot at least 5......you cant really have enough. I load my ammo onto my slips and store them in the bandoleers. I got many clips

Also if you plan on going to a NRA/CMP match a single load clip is nice for the slow fire. I dont bother with the 2 or 5 round clips.

Last edited:

A web sling I prefer USGI vs the new production slings. All 4 of the new production slings from CMP have failed in short time. Metal endcap is cheap shit metal and will not hold onto the webbing. All have become very loos on the locking latch....go to cmp forums and poke around for USGI slings. I got a bunch of "danish" slings from numerich that have been very good. I like the leather sling better then the web but it takes a bit more time to get used to.
As for the grease. A small tub of axle grease will last you a life time. under the conditions we use them a light coating is all you need. Its in the users manual for the proper lube points.
You can go hog wild and accessorize your M1 with correct sling,bayonet,cotton rifle case ammo belts ect ect or do what I do.....AMMO

Speaking of ammo I'd like to get bullets, powder and a die set to someday reload the Greek brass. Any suggestions on what items to look for?

Speaking of ammo I'd like to get bullets, powder and a die set to someday reload the Greek brass. Any suggestions on what items to look for?
For the most part hornady 150 gn bulk bullets do well also H4895 powder or Varget is my choice. At the moment any particular powder that falls into the garand safe zone is ok
Google C.E. Harris reloading for the M1 garand

http://www.loaddata.com/articles/PDF/Reloading Semiauto Rifles.pdf heres a decent article also

If they do I'll order an International Harvester. Well I'm going to do that anyways when they finally release them.

I forgot where I read or heard this, and it could very well be bad info, but I think that the IHC's might go into auction and not be available for order. Anyone have any info on this?

I forgot where I read or heard this, and it could very well be bad info, but I think that the IHC's might go into auction and not be available for order. Anyone have any info on this?
This seems to be the gibe over on cmp forums. Will see. Orest has already stated most will not be happy with the prices?
I have seen several on cmp auction site already. We will see. Things are getting back to normal at cmp. At least they are getting paper work from mail bin to estore in less than 30 days now.

Back
Top Bottom