First C&R Purchase! It's here!!!

JonJ

NES Member
My first C&R aquisition. Not the greatest pics, I'll post a better one when I get it in my hands.
e5a8.jpg

b560.jpg

1941 Izhevsk SVT-40

Ya, if it's half as good as the seller says and the pics show, I'm happy. The bore is supposed to be cherry which is a rarity. Best thing is, ammo is cheap.
I do have a problem though. When I get voted into the club 1st of the month, I don't which rifle(s) I wanna take to the range and play with first!

JonJ said:
Ya, if it's half as good as the seller says and the pics show, I'm happy. The bore is supposed to be cherry which is a rarity. Best thing is, ammo is cheap.
I do have a problem though. When I get voted into the club 1st of the month, I don't which rifle(s) I wanna take to the range and play with first!

Nice one Jon! Take them all with you!! :D

Jon,

On a very serious note:

Make sure that you clean them thoroughly AND check headspace BEFORE you shoot them!

Your personal safety depends on this, as these old battle rifles may have been arsenal rebuilt and may or may not be safe to fire as-is.

For cleaning solutions (Ed's Red and derivatives), you can look at a friend's website: http://home.sprynet.com/~frfrog2/homemade.htm

Most of the required chemicals can easily be found at an Ace Hardware store (as I recently found) and/or Home Depot (I'd expect Lowe's to have them too).

For info on checking Headspace, the following is a good read:
http://hybrid.ualr.edu/satu/headspace.html

HTH

It's here!!!!

Will do Len. I may just stick with noncorrosive anyway. It may be worth the extra money after seeing the bore in this thing.
New pics....
svta.jpg

svt1.jpg

svt2.jpg

svt3.jpg

VERY nice, Jon. Even using the non corrosive, btw - make sure you clean it after shooting. Take
a pic of your groups when you shoot it and post them. :D

I'll give a full range report with pics of the targets when I take it out. Get my key to the club this week but I have to take my AR out and give it a good going over athe range in prep for the clinic next Saturday.
Jon

Back
Top Bottom