First Buy Suggesstion for Restricted LTC?

I think a Glock would be a pretty good choice, a Glock is prob gonna cost you around the same amount, and their are tons of preban mags out there, so you can get a high cap. magazine for it.

I'm somewhat of a new shooter...well new to shooting my own privately owned firearms. I carried the berreta 92 9mm as a side arm in the Army while I served over in Iraq. I bought my first pistol last week, the ruger sr1911, and I LOVE it. Would never trade it for a 9mm. I just need a shotgun next and my trifecta of home defense would be complete; ar15, 1911, and a shotgun. That mossberg tactical shotgun seems sweet.

The Mossberg 500 has a limitless array of accessories and is also on the low end of the price scale. Remington makes a nice pump gun, too. Both are great choices for home defense.

this is my bedside gun.

a mossy 500, pistol grip, side saddle and flashlight... all this was under $300

2011-04-26_10-35-36_680.jpg

I was going to say get a shotgun. When you start talking about an EDC gun you have to start considering other things: size, weight, stopping power, holster/pocket carry, etc. You don't have any of those constraints when you're talking about a firearm solely for home defense. If you're looking for a handgun that can do double duty for home defense and range fun, folks have made a lot of fine suggestions.

I also agree with what enzo said in post #14. Don't rule out a wheelgun. You can find some good used revolvers for reasonable $$. If you ever have to use your home defense gun it's probably going to be at 3:00am, in the dark, and you'll be barefooted. Revolvers have a distinct advantage in that situation: stepping on hot, sharp, ejected brass from a semi-auto with your bare foot can be quite painful. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom