First built AR

Well I have assembled "almost" everything I need, still waiting on charging handle assemble and flash suppressor but I stated by assembling my lower today

Pretty straight forward, no unnecessary marks on the lower after assembling, so that's good

View attachment 64727View attachment 64728

I'll probably take the upper as far as I can tomorrow, time permitting

Ran into my first quandary last night

Installed the barrel, no problem, pinned and installed the gas tube and mounted the gas block, no problem

Went to install the quad-rail - Houston, we have a problem, using this gas block

Amazon.com: UTG PRO Model 4/15 Low Profile Gas Block Quad Rails: Sports & Outdoors

and this quad rail

UTG Pro 2-Piece Handguard Quad Rail AR-15 Carbine Length Matte Black

Locating the quad rail end into the delta ring area, no problem, however, there is nothing on the gas block end to locate and support the quad rail.

My first though is I simply need to add a hand guard cap. As I am look at other rigs though, I don't see them installed on others.

So, have I purchased a bad combination of parts that won't really go together or is it simply just adding the cap

Looking for suggestions

Yes, I think you just need a handguard cap. I just did my first build last month, and ran into the same "missing piece" issue.

Deuce, the rail comes together at the gas block end and enshrouds the hand guard cap. If your rail is like my drop in rail, the inside is beveled to fit against the handguard cap. The pressure of the D-ring spring pushes the beveled inside of the rail against the handguard cap.

With the cap in place and the gas block set, you should be able to put the D ring end of the drop in rail into the ring and then "close" the rail over the cap. Do the other rail, and screw it together and you should be GTG.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom