• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First attempt at heat stippling

SJan

NES Member
...and its the result of the best $3.99 I ever spent at Harbor Freight. soldering iron

I was going for the golf ball look, because golf courses are the biggest waste of potential shooting range land.

Holy shit you did a great job. Never saw golf-balling on a polymer frame before. Looks good. You have patience...

When you get sick of your rugers rusting and switch to plastic guns I see you doing this .
684utw.gif

I was using my harbor freight soldering iron today too. Catch me at the safety table tommorow to compare the golf ball to the side of the tip pattern. MidayUSA has back straps in stock again. I've got to order some and experiment with them.

I was using my harbor freight soldering iron today too. Catch me at the safety table tommorow to compare the golf ball to the side of the tip pattern. MidayUSA has back straps in stock again. I've got to order some and experiment with them.

Still shooting single stack, but I'll bring the M&P for the ride if you want to have a look

Back
Top Bottom